Introduction to working in the screen industries
About this module
This free online module will help you understand what it’s like to work in the screen industries in the UK, and where different roles fit into the production process. It is recommended for anyone who is thinking of, or is currently, working in the UK screen industries, which include film, TV, visual effects (VFX), animation and games.
This module covers:
- The processes involved in producing films, TV, VFX, animation and games
- The wide variety of roles in the screen industries
- Where the different roles fit into the production process
- What it’s like to work in the UK screen industries
- Where to look for work around the UK
- The different routes into the screen industries
- The level of pay you can expect
- The range of contracts for work
This is the first module in Getting into the screen industries, a series from ScreenSkills designed to provide a general introduction to getting work in film, TV, VFX, animation and games. Other modules in the series:
- How to identify the right role for you in the screen industries
- How to find work in the screen industries
- How to apply for work in the screen industries
- How to perform well in a screen industries interview
We recommend completing this module in one sitting. However, if you are not able to do this, your progress will be saved, and when you come back to finish you will be taken to the last screen you completed.
This module was advised by Alison Grade, and developed with support from the BFI, awarding National Lottery funds as part of its Future Film Skills strategy. Arts Council England supported the launch of the online learning platform.