How to apply for work in the screen industries
About this module
This free online module will help you understand how to write a CV and covering email that will help you secure work in the screen industries, as well as what to include in a portfolio. It is recommended for anyone who is thinking of, or is currently, working in the UK screen industries, which include film, TV, visual effects (VFX), animation and games.
This module covers:
- How to create a strong CV
- How to analyse a job advert to work out if it’s right for you
- What to include in your professional online profile
- What to include in a cover email
- How to approach a company or individual that you would like to work for
- Which roles require you to create a portfolio, and what to include in a portfolio
This is the fourth module in Getting into the screen industries, a series from ScreenSkills designed to provide a general introduction to getting work in film, TV, VFX, animation and games. Other modules in the series:
- Introduction to working in the screen industries
- How to identify the right role for you in the screen industries
- How to find work in the screen industries
- How to perform well in a screen industries interview
We recommend completing this module in one sitting. However, if you are not able to do this, your progress will be saved, and when you come back to finish you will be taken to the last screen you completed.
This module was advised by Alison Grade, and developed with support from the BFI, awarding National Lottery funds as part of its Future Film Skills strategy. Arts Council England supported the launch of the online learning platform.
Important Information about ScreenSkills funded e-learning modules
For training providing certificates, please note that these will be issued only on course completion. To receive a certificate, please ensure you have completed all modules of the e-learning training, including a test and a survey if present.