How to perform well in a screen industries interview
About this module
This free online module will help you prepare for formal and informal interviews in the screen industries. It is recommended for anyone who is thinking of, or is currently, working in the UK screen industries, which include film, TV, visual effects (VFX), animation and games.
This module covers:
- The different types of interview used in the screen industries
- How to prepare for interviews
- Common interview questions you may be asked
- How to use the STAR method to structure your answers in an interview
- What questions to ask if you are offered a role
- The importance of resilience when applying for roles in the screen industries
This is the fifth module in Getting into the screen industries, a series from ScreenSkills designed to provide a general introduction to getting work in film, TV, VFX, animation and games. Other modules in the series:
- Introduction to working in the screen industries
- How to identify the right role for you in the screen industries
- How to find work in the screen industries
- How to apply for work in the screen industries
We recommend completing this module in one sitting. However, if you are not able to do this, your progress will be saved, and when you come back to finish you will be taken to the last screen you completed.
This module was advised by Alison Grade, and developed with support from the BFI, awarding National Lottery funds as part of its Future Film Skills strategy. Arts Council England supported the launch of the online learning platform.