Diversity, equity and inclusion for the screen industries
This online module from ScreenSkills provides a basic introduction to diversity, equity and inclusion for working in the screen industries.
By the end of this module, you will understand:
- What the terms diversity, equity and inclusion mean
- How these terms apply to your day-to-day working life, regardless of your role or part of the industry
- What practical steps you can take to contribute towards diversity, equity and inclusion where you work and for the wider industry.
This module was created in collaboration with Taye Training, and was developed with support from:
- The BFI, awarding National Lottery funds as part of its Future Film Skills strategy
- The ScreenSkills High-end TV Skills fund, with contributions from high-end television productions
- The ScreenSkills Television Skills Funds, with contributions from the BBC, Channel 4, ITV and Channel 5
Arts Council England supported the launch of the online learning platform.
Important information about ScreenSkills funded e-learning modules
For training providing certificates, please note that these will be issued only on course completion. To receive a certificate, please ensure you have completed all modules of the e-learning, including a test and a survey if present.
Who it's for
This module is recommended for anyone who is currently working, or thinking of working, in the UK screen industries, which include film, TV, animation, visual effects (VFX) and games.
We recommend completing this module in one sitting. However, if this is not possible your progress will be saved, and when you come back you will be taken to the last screen you completed.
When you’re ready, hit the ‘Start’ button to begin.