How to identify the right role for you in the screen industries
About this module
This free online module will help you identify what roles in the screen industries could suit you. It is recommended for anyone who is thinking of, or is currently, working in the UK screen industries, which include film, TV, visual effects (VFX), animation and games.
This module covers:
- The different types of skills needed in the screen industries
- How to recognise your existing skills
- How to work out which of the screen industries could be right for you
- How to identify what roles you would enjoy in the screen industries
- How to identify the skills you need to develop
- How to create a skills development plan
This is the second module in Getting into the screen industries, a series from ScreenSkills designed to provide a general introduction to getting work in film, TV, VFX, animation and games. Other modules in the series:
- Introduction to working in the screen industries
- How to find work in the screen industries
- How to apply for work in the screen industries
- How to perform well in a screen industries interview
We recommend completing this module in one sitting. However, if you are not able to do this, your progress will be saved, and when you come back to finish you will be taken to the last screen you completed.
This module was advised by Alison Grade, and developed with support from the BFI, awarding National Lottery funds as part of its Future Film Skills strategy. Arts Council England supported the launch of the online learning platform.
Important Information about ScreenSkills funded e-learning modules
For training providing certificates, please note that these will be issued only on course completion. To receive a certificate, please ensure you have completed all modules of the e-learning training, including a test and a survey if present.