HETV Trainee Finder 2023-24 APPLICATIONS CLOSED
ScreenSkills Trainee Finder 2023-24 closed for applications at 11:59pm on Monday 28th November (please ignore the date listed above.) Any applications submitted after 11:59pm Monday 28th November will be automatically deleted.
What is High-End TV Trainee Finder?
High-End TV (HETV) Trainee Finder is an entry-level placement programme that places trainees on HETV productions to ensure a continued supply of talent, capable of making world-class creative content. Participants become part of an industry-recognised group of trainees and receive exclusive access to training placements across the UK.
In previous years trainees have been placed on HETV productions including Bridgerton, Line of Duty, Outlander, Sex Education, Brassic, Ted Lasso, Time, The Crown, Killing Eve, Derry Girls, Gentleman Jack, House of the Dragon, The Responder, The Essex Serpent, The Rig and We Are Lady Parts.
HETV Trainee Finder is looking for trainees keen to pursue a career in HETV in the following departments and job roles:
- floor runner
- hair and makeup
To find out more about each job role, please explore the ScreenSkills job profiles. For more information on what it is like to be part of the programme, and to hear from trainees past and present, watch our webinar.
Applicants are invited to apply to either film or high-end TV - which includes both HETV and children's TV placements - please note you cannot apply to both. If you are interested in applying for the Film Trainee Finder click here.
ScreenSkills is committed to diversity and equality of opportunity in all aspects of its work. We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups, because we are committed to creating a more inclusive and diverse workforce. If you are d/Deaf or disabled and require an alternative format of the application form, require reasonable adjustments at the interview stage, or have any questions about Trainee Finder, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who it's for
We are looking for talented individuals from across the UK who have less than 12 months of paid experience in their chosen department.
You must be able to clearly demonstrate a passion and commitment for your job role of choice by providing evidence of one or more of the following:
- working on set
- looking for / finding paid or unpaid work experience
- department specific skills
- suitable transferable skills for your selected department
We welcome applications from individuals who have attended ScreenSkills-funded boot camps and events such as Open Doors, and from those who have graduated from ScreenSkills-endorsed courses or from partner schemes.
- Be over 18 years old
- Live in the UK and have evidence of the right to work in the UK
Have completed full-time education by 31 March, 2023 – please note you do not need a university degree to apply
- Have less than 12 months, of relevant, paid experience in their chosen department and genre
- Make themselves available for placements offered to them, during their time on the scheme
- Be open and flexible to considering opportunities across the UK
- Demonstrate an interest in and commitment to their chosen department
- We welcome applicants who may have transferable skills, for example, from other creative sectors such as theatre, music, photography, and commercial production, or from roles in other sectors such as business administration, event management, or make-up and hair applicants with salon experience
- Any training will be subject to the applicants providing evidence of their right to remain in the UK
- All successful applicants must attend a mandatory induction event, currently scheduled for 25th and 26th March, and the 1st and 2nd April 2023
How to apply
You will need a ScreenSkills account to apply to Trainee Finder. If you do not already have an account, you can register here.
To apply for HETV Trainee Finder, click on the 'apply' button above – please note you cannot apply for both the film and high-end TV branches of the scheme. If you are interested in applying for the Film Trainee Finder click here.
If you require an alternative format for the application please contact us as soon as possible at email@example.com
Applications close at 23:59 on Monday 28 November, 2022
The Trainee Finder team will shortlist applicants based on their application, ScreenSkills profile, and CV. Successful applicants will be invited to take part in an interview, either face-to-face or online, with a member of the Trainee Finder team and a relevant industry professional.
If unsuccessful in getting to the interview stage, please note that due to the volume of applications we receive, we will be unable to provide individual feedback.
We anticipate that all candidates who will be asked to attend an interview will be notified by Friday 13 January, 2023. All candidates who have attended an interview will be notified of the success of their application by Friday 24 February, 2023. All successful applicants must attend a mandatory induction event, currently scheduled for currently scheduled for 25th and 26th March, and the 1st and 2nd April 2023 in preparation for the scheme.
If you are called to interview, you must supply two written references. Along with your written references, you must include the current contact details of your referees should we need to contact them.
References can come from current and past employers, colleagues and/or a tutor or mentor.
They should be no longer than one page of A4 and should include the following:
- A paragraph or sentence that explains how they know you e.g., are they a colleague, employer or former employer?
- Details of how long the referee has known you
- Having looked at the trainee role that you are applying for, what are the qualities, characteristics, and capabilities they feel are important to highlight to us?
- Any other supporting examples of your skills, accomplishments and/or work that demonstrate that you are a good candidate for the scheme
- Current contact details (email and telephone) for the referee so that we can contact them