Being endorsed help colleges and universities gain a Select reputation for their courses – making them more attractive to students.
The benefits of being a ScreenSkills Select endorsed course include:
- Supporting your student recruitment: Being endorsed will help you attract the talented students you need by demonstrating the quality and value of your courses and, the positive job prospects you give your students.
- Increasing your support from employers: Being endorsed assures prospective employers that your students have the levels of knowledge and skill they want in new employees. You also become recognised by local and national employers for producing industry-ready graduates and learners. For employers, ScreenSkills Select indicates where to focus their recruitment and engagement by identifying the courses with a strong industry-facing ethos.
- Improving the quality of your course: Being endorsed enhances the quality of your course via the rigorous application process, and, through annual monitoring. Each course is reviewed and discussed annually with one of our pool of industry evaluators.
- Bringing education and industry together: Being endorsed gives you greater scope to build connections, share ideas and create first-rate networking opportunities with industry and fellow educators. This includes through the annual ScreenSkills Select Congress.
- Helping you to stand out from the crowd: With so many college and university courses for students to choose from, being endorsed gives you a competitive advantage over rival courses who are not endorsed.
For more information about ScreenSkills Select read our leaflet for educators.
Being Select endorsed also mean you have access to a range of exclusive benefits for you and your students:
Training and insights
- Train the trainer sessions for course leaders and tutors to refresh and enhance delivery, including delivering teaching remotely.
- Online industry insight sessions for lecturers, course leaders and students to gain deeper insight into a variety of in-demand screen industry job roles, and practical advice on pathways into these professions.
- Online employability training events to help your students in their final year of study build their professional profile, network with industry professionals, approach job applications, prepare for interviews and understand freelancing working.
- Select Annual Congress, where educators can find out about the latest intelligence from award-winning experts from the screen industries. First held in 2021 with over 170 delegates.
- ScreenSkills Open Doors events which your students can attend to network with industry and build connections.
- ScreenSkills research events to find out about the latest skills gaps, shortages and industry trends.
- An annual review with an industry evaluator to discuss ongoing course developments and share sector practice.
- Access to our world-class pool of industry evaluators.
Networks and Local industry hub working groups
- Be part of local industry hub working groups between educators and employers. We have set up working groups in Manchester, Bristol and Belfast with plans to establish more in the West Midlands, Yorkshire and Cardiff.
- A ScreenSkills Select partnerships manager working directly with course leaders to connect you and your students to network with industry and build personal connections.
Helping you promote your course
- Endorsed courses are listed in the ScreenSkills Select course directory, linking directly to your college or university course page, in order to better signpost prospective students to your course.
- We offer the opportunity to use photography from your course on our website and ScreenSkills Select materials.
- Successful courses will receive a ScreenSkills Select Certificate of Endorsement and a supportive quote from one of our industry evaluators.
- ScreenSkills Select endorsement is featured on the Discover Uni website (the official website for comparing UK Higher Education course data) under each course’s Professional accreditation section.
- We will provide you with material which you can hand out to prospective students at open days and recruitment fairs.
Find Out More
ScreenSkills Select is supported by the BFI, awarding National Lottery funds as part of its Future Film Skills strategy.