The benefits of being a ScreenSkills Select endorsed course include:
- Supporting student recruitment: Being endorsed helps colleges and universities attract the talented students they need by demonstrating the quality and value of their courses and the positive job prospects they give your students.
- Increasing support from employers: Being endorsed assures prospective employers that students have the levels of knowledge and skill they want in new employees. Courses also become recognised by local and national employers for producing industry-ready graduates and learners.
- Improving the quality of courses: Being endorsed enhances the quality of courses via the rigorous application process, and through annual monitoring. Each course is reviewed and discussed annually with one of our pool of industry evaluators.
- Bringing education and industry together: Being endorsed gives colleges and universities greater scope to build connections, share ideas and create first-rate networking opportunities with industry and fellow educators.
- Helping courses to stand out from the crowd: With so many college and university courses for students to choose from, being endorsed provides a competitive advantage over rival courses who are not endorsed.
98% were satisfied with the annual review process and online meeting for ScreenSkills Select
97% would recommend ScreenSkills Select course endorsement scheme to other course leaders
97% were satisfied with ScreenSkills Select and its benefits
92% were satisfied with the Employability industry panel events for ScreenSkills Select students
92% were satisfied with the Industry Insight sessions for ScreenSkills Select students
83% stated that ScreenSkills Select endorsement has helped enhance their overall course offer
81% were satisfied with the Annual Congress for ScreenSkills Select educators
79% stated that ScreenSkills Select endorsement has helped enhance student recruitment for their course
79% stated that ScreenSkills Select endorsement has helped enhance progression into employment for their students
70% stated that ScreenSkills Select endorsement has enhanced industry connections for their course
Being Select endorsed also means educators and students have access to a range of exclusive benefits.
Training and insights
- Online industry insight sessions for lecturers, course leaders and students to gain deeper insight into a variety of in-demand screen industry job roles, and practical advice on pathways into these professions.
- A library of employability webinars and interviews to help students build their professional profile, network with industry professionals, approach job applications, prepare for interviews and understand freelancing working.
- Online CPD events to help course leaders remain up to date with latest industry practice and to share new approaches to training and learning.
- ScreenSkills research events to find out about the latest skills gaps, shortages and industry trends.
Share best practice
- An annual review with an industry evaluator to discuss ongoing course developments and share sector practice.
- Best practice guidance around innovative course delivery such as the work-ready skills and experiences (WRYSE) initiative and our hybrid work experience guidelines.
- Access to our world-class pool of industry evaluators.
- Be part of our specialist university, educator and trainer networks.
- Support to integrate industry-relevant skills, content and accreditation to your courses, such as the Production Safety Passport.
- Bespoke tools to track and record our industry-recognised e-learning modules with your students.
- ScreenSkills Select newsletter highlighting new initiatives and updates.
Supporting course promotion
- Endorsed courses are listed in the ScreenSkills Select course directory, linking directly to college or university course pages, in order to better signpost prospective students to endorsed courses.
- The opportunity to use photography from courses on our website and ScreenSkills Select materials.
- Successful courses receive a ScreenSkills Select Certificate of Endorsement and a supportive quote from one of our industry evaluators.
- ScreenSkills Select endorsement is featured on the Discover Uni website (the official website for comparing UK Higher Education course data) under each course’s Professional accreditation section.
- Promoting newly endorsed courses via ScreenSkills social media channels.
- Promotion for Select endorsed courses at relevant screen careers and recruitment events.
To find out more information about ScreenSkills Select, please contact the ScreenSkills Select team.
ScreenSkills Select has been supported by the BFI, awarding National Lottery funds as part of its Future Film Skills strategy.