Since 1984 I have recorded Sound in the film/tv industry across a whole range of program output for international broadcasters and a host of independent TV companies.
My first love is documentary Sound Recording and I have also worked on many dramas as well as corporate production companies and their international clients.
In 2003 I won a Royal Television Society Award: Entertainment Non-Drama Production Award: Sound Team – “Fighting the War” (2004) BBC2 documentary series, where I was embedded with the Black Watch (7th Armoured) during the invasion of Iraq.
• 1989-date: Freelance Sound Recordist
• Won Royal Television Society Award: Sound - Entertainment Non-Drama Production Awarded to: Sound Team – “Fighting the War” (2004)
• 1987-89: Staff Sound Recordist at Crow Film & TV Facilities, London
• 1983-86: Freelance Sound Assistant for Ch4, Thames TV, TVS, BBC, LWT
• 2010-date: Senior Lecturer, University of Portsmouth: TV & Film Production (BA) - Deputy Course Leader.
• 2013-date: MA Creative Professional Practice
• Aug 2012: Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
• May 2012: Post Graduate Certificate in Learning & Teaching in Higher Education.
Student degree work here:
- Training and Education
- Curriculum Design/Development
- Field Recording