Why be endorsed by ScreenSkills Select?
ScreenSkills Select signposts prospective students (and their guardians and teachers) to the courses that will provide industry-relevant skills, and strong links with industry professionals and potential employers.
Gain a Select reputation for your courses and students
Being ScreenSkills Select endorsed will help you attract the talented students you need by demonstrating the value of your courses, more compelling course content, better progression rates and positive job prospects for your students.
It also assures prospective employers that students have the levels of knowledge and skill they want in new employees. For employers, ScreenSkills Select indicates where to focus their recruitment and engagement by identifying the courses with a strong industry-facing ethos.
ScreenSkills Select enhances the quality of endorsed courses through a rigorous application process and annual monitoring. Each course is reviewed and discussed annually with one of our pool of industry evaluators.
In a crowded field of education opportunities, and given the costs, it’s important that prospective students can understand which course provides the best employment opportunities after course completion. The fact that the endorsement process is ongoing, and that courses are re-evaluated, ensures that college/university courses keep pace with a rapidly evolving industry.Ben Cowell-Thomas, VFX supervisor at DNEG and ScreenSkills Select industry evaluator
But we do more than endorse...
Our enhancement programme brings colleges and universities closer to industry – setting up new connections, new understanding and new opportunities.
- Access to our world-class pool of industry evaluators
- An annual ScreenSkills Select Education and Industry Conference to share good practice, changes in skills needs and trends and build valuable connections
- ScreenSkills Select employability training events - intensive one-day workshops to help your students in their final year of study prepare for interviews and work placements, network and pitch with industry and understand what freelancing really means
- A ScreenSkills Select account manager working directly with course leaders to connect you and your students to network with industry and build personal connections
- Access to bursaries and scholarships from BAFTA and Royal Television Society
Wider ScreenSkills benefits
- Annual ScreenSkills Skills Forecasting events to find out about the latest skills gaps, shortages and industry trends
- ScreenSkills Open Doors events which your students can attend to network with industry and build connections
Helping you promote your course
- Endorsed courses are listed in the ScreenSkills Select course directory, linking directly to your college and university course page, in order to better signpost prospective students to your course
- Successful courses will receive a ScreenSkills Select Certificate of Endorsement and a supportive quote from one of our industry evaluators
- ScreenSkills Select endorsement is featured on the Unistats website (the official website for comparing UK Higher Education course data) under each course’s Employment and Accreditation section
- We will provide you with material which you can hand out to prospective students at open days and recruitment fairs
We are very proud of our ScreenSkills Select endorsement. It gives a clear signal to applicants and students that our television production degree courses at Southampton Solent University are industry-focused, embedded with real world learning, and that our graduates are ready for work.Kieron Butler, Course Leader BA (Hons) Television Production BA (Hons) Television Studio Production, BA (Hons) Post-Production for Film & TV Southampton Solent University