Miranda writes comedy and drama for TV, stage and radio, as well as musicals (book and lyrics). She is represented by Kate Weston, Janet Fillingham Associates.
Recent highlights have included Gigglebiz for CBeebies, Diddy TV for CBBC, the libretto of community opera Across the Sky (shortlisted for a Royal Philharmonic Society Award), and musical Fly Eddie Fly, about Olympic legend Eddie the Eagle, starring the man himself as interactive narrator. She has worked as a topical gag writer for BBC Radio 4 on flagship comedies The Now Show and The News Quiz, and is the author of several children’s books.
Miranda can also write about disability and visible-difference with an authentic voice, something currently underrepresented within the industry.
Agent: Kate Weston, Janet Fillingham Associates.
• GIGGLEBIZ, Series 5, CBeebies
• DIDDY TV, Series 3 and 4, CBBC
• Joining the writing team for Series 3 of CRACKERJACK!, CBBC, 2021.
• THE NOW SHOW and THE NEWS QUIZ, BBC Radio 4.
• Original TV sitcom optioned by DLT Entertainment, with Ashley Jenson attached for the lead.
• Commissioned by Cheltenham Everyman Theatre to write large-scale musical comedy FLY EDDIE FLY (book and lyrics) about Eddie the Eagle, for the main house. The real Eddie Edwards starred as the interactive narrator.
• Commissioned by Cheltenham Music Festival to write the libretto for community opera ACROSS THE SKY, featuring professional singers alongside community performers.
• Musical ATMOSPHERE (book and lyrics). Concert performance, Iris Theatre, Covent Garden.
• Commissioned by Cheltenham Everyman Theatre to write children’s play BANDSTAND PARK. Directed by Jude Emmet.
• Commissioned by Cheltenham Everyman Theatre to write INVISIBLE PEOPLE for a family audience, Parabola Arts Centre.
• Short play for NINE LIVES, Landor Theatre, London.
• AN INSPECTOR CALLS BACK ran at The Courtyard Theatre, London (main stage).
• Short film ENGAGEMENT PARTY, commissioned by Skillset Screen Academy.
• My play FOR BETTER, FOR WORSE won the BBC Writersroom Radio Monologue Competition.
• Commissioned by the Cheltenham Everyman Theatre to write COLLABORATION, which toured to primary schools and The Roses Theatre, Tewkesbury.
• One act play BACK TO BLACK, Cheltenham Everyman Theatre. Written for performance by the Everyman Young Company.
• Children’s books SQUISHY SQUASHY MONSTERS, WILD AND WACKY ANIMALS, DIGGERS and EMERGENCY published by Bookoli, and THE TORTOISE AND THE BIRDS and THE SECRET GARDEN (graphic text adaptation) for OUP, WISHING FISH CLOCK for Regent.
• Writer in Residence for APT Inclusive Dance and Theatre Company.
• Commissioned by Theatre West, Bristol, to write comedy curtain raiser TRIBUTE ACT, a tribute to Victoria Wood.
• Topical sketch writer, SLAMINUTES, Crypt Gallery, London.
• Selected for the BBC Comedy Script Lab at the London Screenwriters’ Festival by Gregor Sharp, Comedy Commissioning Editor.
• Selected for the HOLBY CITY Script Lab at the London Screenwriters’ Festival by Justin Young, Series Producer.
• BBC Radio Wales comedy panel show WHAT’S THE STORY?, for Ruth Jones’ production company Tidy Productions.
• Commissioned by Creative Partnerships to write the radio drama MEAN TO YOU.
• Comedy short SUFFRAGETTES, Cheltenham Everyman Theatre.
• Co-writer of CORONATION, Cheltenham Everyman Theatre.
• Selected by Adrian Edmondson in the Sitcom Festival competition.
• Shortlisted in the International Screenwriters’ Festival short film script competition.
• Shortlisted for ITV’s Comedy 50:50 sitcom writers’ room (TellHerVision).
• John Yorke’s Story for Screenwriting and Story for Script Development courses completed.
• Skylines writer, Theatre Centre London, developing new writing for young audiences.
See which ScreenSkills e-learning Miranda Walker has completed to improve their skills and knowledge.
Coronavirus basic awareness on production trainingNot completed
Tackling harassment and bullying at workCompleted
Addressing unconscious bias: basic awareness in the workplaceNot completed
Tackling harassment and bullying at work