Toon Boom rigging bootcamp
This two week ‘bootcamp’ with Adam's Animation Academy is designed to cover fundamental skills in rigging using the latest version of Toon Boom Harmony software.
The aim is that by the end of the course each participant will be able to build characters confidently within the software, and therefore open doors to all the Toon Boom work within the UK.
The course will be delivered online over 6 x 3-hour virtual classroom sessions:
- Tuesday 4 May (am)
- Wednesday 5 May (am)
- Friday 7 May (am)
- Monday 10 May (am)
- Wednesday 12 May (am)
- Friday 14 May (am)
Each session will allow time for both learning new concepts and lots of Q & A. Participants will also have access to additional resources during the course, including recordings of all live sessons, email support between classes and a video library covering related topics to support deeper learning.
This programme is supported by the ScreenSkills Animation Skills Fund with contributions from UK animation productions.
A two week Toon Boom animation bootcamp will take place 6-16 April. You can apply here.
Who it's for
This course would be especially useful for those already in or starting out in the animation industry but lacking the technical knowledge to use the software to a high standard.
What it covers
Toon Boom rigging topics covered include:
- interface and file structure
- setting up for cut-out animation
- drawing tools and substitutions
- the basics of the node view
- how to navigate a rig hierarchy
- depth and scene set-up basics
- rigging methodology
- hierarchies and the node library
- cutters, masks and composites
- importing artwork from other software
- art layers & advanced properties
- grouping, syncing and reordering layers
- creating, exporting and editing templates
- colour palettes & textures
- rigging with master controllers
- setting up user interfaces and controls
- character scaling and good studio practice
- rig testing, versioning and feedback
By the end of the course, each participant will have had the opportunity to build a character rig and several test rig pieces of their own
All training material and a software license will be provided.
How to apply
Please follow the link above to apply.
Application deadline 27 April 2021.
This training course is subsidised due to ScreenSkills funding, however, if you still require additional help to cover your fees or enable you to access the course, some discretionary support is available. You may indicate on your application form if you would like to apply for support.