High-end TV hair and make-up transfer programme - Wales
Are you a hair stylist / hairdresser/ barber in Wales experienced in working with textured hair?
Are you make-up artist in Wales experienced in working in make-up with people with a diversity of skin tones?
Are you looking to transfer from working in a salon, studio, store, mobile or other sector, and want to work in high-end television (HETV) in Wales?
Our HETV hair and make-up transfer programme is seeking experienced, skilled workers to transfer into the booming UK television industry in Wales
This training course, free to participants thanks to funding from the ScreenSkills High-end Television Skills Fund, will be run by The Afro Hair Academy and is taught by highly skilled professionals who have extensive experience in the high-end television industry.
After successfully completing the training, we will endeavour to find paid trainee placements for eight participants on a Wales-based HETV production for up to 23 days.
The programme is funded by the ScreenSkills High-end Television Skills Fund made up of contributions from high-end television productions made in the UK.
Who it's for
This training transfer course in Wales is for experienced hair or beauty specialists who have at least three year’s experience in working with textured hair and/or make-up for people with a diversity of skin tones outside of the creative industries and want to take this great opportunity to transfer their skills to work in high-end television.
If you have any access needs or require any additional support to complete your applicaion please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What it covers
The training course will primarily be delivered face-to-face at the Afro Hair Academy in Central Cardiff where participants will take place in training and workshop sessions with industry professionals.
The training will cover:
- key skills in hairstyling, barbering and make-up artistry to prepare you for work in HETV
- an in-depth understanding of each department and working on set
- an introduction to the production team
- health and safety procedures
- set etiquette
- investing in the right kit
- correct use of tools and equipment
- effective communication
- managing priorities
- hair consultation and analysis
- consultation and skin analysis
- hair care and skin care
- preparation/styling/wig application and removal
- preparation/application and removal of make-up
- product knowledge
- support in transitioning into the industry by outlining key industry organisations and resources and making key connections
After the course is complete, eight participants will be offered the opportunity to take up a paid placement on a high-end TV production in Wales for up to 23 days.
How to apply
The training and workshop sessions will take place on the following dates:
- Monday 8 January 2024 - 09:30 - 16:30
- Monday 15 January 2024 - 09:30 - 16:30
- Monday 22 January 2024 - 09:30 - 16:30
- Monday 29 January 2024 - 09:30 - 16:30
- Monday 5 February 2024 - 09:30 - 16:30
- Monday 12 February 2024 - 09:30 - 16:30
- Monday 19 February 2024 - 09:30 - 16:30
- Monday 26 February 2024 - 09:30 - 16:30
- Monday 4 March 2024 - 09:30 - 16:30
- Monday 11 March 2024 - 09:30 - 16:30
Click 'apply now' to submit your application.
All applications must be submitted by 12 December 2023