Supporting screen industry professionals teaching remotely in colleges and universities
The purpose of this “train the trainer” course is to support educators delivering screen-based undergraduate, postgraduate or vocational courses in the principles of good teaching when running remote sessions for your students. It is based on a successful series of similar courses ScreenSkills delivered in April and May 2020 with industry-based trainers. Building on your existing practice, you’ll explore practical strategies for designing and developing engaging, interactive and inclusive online training opportunities that meet participants’ needs and recognise their aspirations.
Educators will be supported to:
• Identify factors that enable successful remote learning experiences in further and higher education
• Plan approaches to reduce barriers to remote learning
• Adapt activities and resources to engage and develop aspiring screen industry professionals
• Design opportunities for educators and learners to assess progress towards goals
• Develop online facilitation skills for using video conferencing for professional practice.
Please note this course is made up of two sessions:
Session 1 - 19th May 10am-12pm
Session 2 - 26th May 10am - 12pm
Who it's for
Educators from ScreenSkills Select endorsed courses