HETV virtual production intro sessions (online and in-person)
(Please be aware you will need to attend one online and one in-person session for this training)
This free virtual production training course is designed to provide bespoke introductions to the technology and workflow specific to craft, technical, production and creative departments in high-end TV (HETV).
The four department-focused training sessions will deliver training in two steps:
- Part 1: online masterclasses
- Part 2: in-person studio sessions, hosted in XPLOR’s Centre for Virtual Production.
Upon completion, you will be equipped with departmental-specific virtual production knowledge and skills to navigate your own department.
Who it's for
This training is for mid/senior level freelancers currently working in HETV.
We also welcome high-end TV professionals who are currently on ScreenSkills Make a Move and other high-end TV CPD programmes, via online masterclasses, and in-person studio sessions.
There will be four sessions of 25 people per session.
4x online sessions and 4x face to face sessions.
Participants should demonstrate basic knowledge of the primary aspects of virtual production and how it operates inside a virtual production facility. Participants should be able to demonstrate industry-standard competence in virtual production techniques, applied in the context of one out of four departmental subject areas: craft, technical, production and creative.
Participants should be able to describe and communicate to others the impact virtual production is having on traditional high-end TV job roles, such as art department, design, props, set and lighting.
What it covers
Aimed at high-end TV professionals, this training will explore how virtual production will impact specific departments and roles, and investigate how virtual production may affect all departments within high-end TV.
- Wednesday 15 March 2023 Art department and costume (online, 2 hours) 18:30 - 20:30
- Thursday 16 March 2023 Camera, lighting and sound (online, 2 hours) 18:30 - 20:30
- Wednesday 22 March 2023 Production management and coordinators (online, 2 hours) 18:30 - 20:30
- Thursday 23 March 2023 Writers, directors and creative producers (online, 2 hours) 18:30 - 20:30
- Wednesday 29 March 2023 ScreenSkills Intro VP - art department and costume (on set, 3 hours) 14:00 - 17:00
- Thursday 30 March 2023 Camera, lighting and sound (on set, 3 hours) 14:00 - 17:00
- Wednesday 5 April 2023 Production management and coordinators (on set, 3 hours) 14:00 - 17:00
- Thursday 6 April 2023 Writers, directors and creative producers (on set, 3 hours) 14:00 - 17:00
How to apply
Please apply by clicking on one online session date, in addition to a face to face training day that works for you.
This training is aimed at mid - senior level only. Travel can also be funded for participants to travel to Yorkshire.
To make sure we are inclusive and accessible to all, please let us know if you require any adjustments or assistance with booking or attending this training by contacting email@example.com.
Unit 53/55 Lidgate Crescent