First AD masterclass for HETV freelancers
Presented by highly experienced trainer and first AD Richard Lingard and Grand Scheme Media, these informative online training masterclasses are aimed at those looking to step up to the demanding role of first AD on HETV productions.
Who it's for
Delivered online as two condensed two hour sessions (2.30 - 4.30pm each day), this course will suit ambitious and enthusiastic second and third ADs who need to know more about the range of disciplines required to succeed.
What it covers
Across the two days of training you will be introduced to:
- preparing a shooting schedule and managing resources
- supporting the hiring of locations, props and equipment
- leading a technical recce
- set and studio floor protocols and etiquette
- working with supporting artistes
- liaising with the production office to create call sheets, movement orders and other production paperwork
- managing a set or studio floor with confidence during a shoot
- managing talent
- health and safety, first aid and risk assessment
Sessions will take place over two days from 2.30 - 4.30pm. Trainees are expected to attend both sessions and may be set a task to complete between the first and second sessions.
These four courses will take place over two days from 2.30 - 4.30pm on the following dates:
30 – 31 March: 2.30 - 4.30pm each day
8 – 9 April: 2.30 - 4.30pm each day
15- 16 April: 2.30 - 4.30pm each day
22-23 April: 2.30 - 4.30pm each day
Trainees are expected to attend both sessions and may be set a task to complete between the first and second sessions.
This event is supported by the ScreenSkills High-end Television Skills Fund with contributions from UK high-end TV productions.
This session will take place online via Zoom. Click ‘apply for ticket’ and follow the instructions to apply for your place: you must login or register before you are able to complete your application.