Certified DaVinci Resolve Training for Film Colourists
Applications for this course are closed now.
Are you serious about colour? Gifted in grading? Want to gain an Industry recognised qualification as a Colourist to enhance your emerging career?
Physical Folk offers this Blackmagic Design certified DaVinci Resolve training programme for early career stage professional colourists working in the UK Film/TV industry.
This programme is supported by ScreenSkills using National Lottery funds awarded by the BFI as part of the Future Film Skills programme.
Who it's for
This course is aimed at early career colourists and graders who are seeking to gain DaVinci Resolve End User Certification with the goal of gaining sustainable work in the film industry. We also welcome those who have transferable skills from another relevant industry such as games or graphic design who want to transfer their career across to being a film colourist.
For those with suitable experience or who already have the DaVinci Resolve End User Certification we will also be offering the Intermediate Colourist Course in DaVinci Resolve which will lead to a Colour in DaVinci Resolve End User Certification.
Please note: DaVinci Resolve is a powerful application and you will need to own a reasonably powerful computer that you can practice on during and after the course. This includes ideally having a computer or laptop with at least a quad core processor, 16Gb of RAM and a GPU (Graphics Card) with at least 2Gb of Video RAM.
What it covers
Each course will take place online one day a week over five weeks. There are two levels available and each of them has a capacity of 10 participants. Physical Folk will determine which course level you will attend, based on your experience.
Course level 1: Monday 25 January - Monday 22 February.
This level is aimed at those who are new to DaVinci Resolve and will include the following:
- how to setup projects, import media/XML, relink clips, and use metadata to speed up your work;
- colour theory and how you fit into the post production workflow (Video Editing, VFX, Sound);
- primary and secondary corrections using DaVinci Resolve’s legendary colour tools;
- how to match shots, use colour management, create looks, grade multiple clips;
- how to use PowerWindows, track objects in a shot, use curves and add ResolveFX;
- how to deliver projects to a variety of formats (and share directly to YouTube and Vimeo);
- learner presentations on a key skill they have learnt and want to share.
Course 2 intermediate level: Wednesday 3 February - Wednesday 3 March 2021.
This level is for those with some experience of DaVinci Resolve or who have previously completed the Davinci Resolve Overview Course. It includes:
- launching Resolve project files and restoring archives;
- normalising, balancing, and matching footage;
- analysing and colour correcting images with the help of scopes;
- primary and secondary grading tool operations;
- migrating XML timelines and roundtrip workflows;
- remapping video colour gamuts with colour management;
- working with nodes to create sophisticated grades;
- managing and copying grades with skills, versions, and ‘ColorTrace’;
- creating groups to streamline and organise your workflow;
- using plug-ins to repair, enhance, and stylise images;
- render cache and delivery settings for optimal quality.
How to apply
Applications for this course are closed.
Name: Physical Folk
Phone: +44 (0) 845 860 3655