British Film Designers Guild Mentoring Programme - Mentor
Thank you for registering for the BFDG mentoring programme.
At the BFDG we strive to maintain standards and create a more diverse and inclusive workforce within the British Art Department, and believe that mentoring is one way to do that. We hope this programme will lead to opportunities for underrepresented groups to develop within the industry, and help to nurture developing talent as it progresses through the ranks. This links to three of our core values:
- Promoting best practices, maintaining standards and encouraging departmental excellence
- Mentoring, supporting and celebrating the individuals that work in the Art Department
- Welcoming and nurturing the next generation of Art Department professionals
The programme closes to applications on 26th September 2021. ScreenSkills and BFDG will then look for suitable matches from the mentors and mentees who have applied. You will be contacted from 11th Octcober if a suitable match is found.
Who it's for
- Open to all levels, within all areas of art department specialism
- Has enough experience of the industry in order to have knowledge to pass on
- Is prepared to commit to 6 hours of mentoring support across 6 months
- Ideally with the capacity to make some in-person work experience possible (not essential)
- This programme is open to BFDG members only
How to apply
Please click the “Apply now” button on the right which will confirm you are taking part in this mentoring programme. You will need to create a ScreenSkills profile first if you have not already done so - and then return to this page to confirm your mentoring place.