British Film Designers Guild Mentoring Programme - Mentee
Thank you for your interest in registering for the BFDG mentoring programme.
At the BFDG we strive to maintain standards and create a more diverse and inclusive workforce within the British Art Department, and believe that mentoring is one way to do that. We hope this programme will lead to opportunities for underrepresented groups to develop within the industry, and help to nurture developing talent as it progresses through the ranks. This links to three of our core values:
- Promoting best practices, maintaining standards and encouraging departmental excellence
- Mentoring, supporting and celebrating the individuals that work in the Art Department
- Welcoming and nurturing the next generation of Art Department professionals
The programme closes to applications on 26th September. ScreenSkills and BFDG will then look for suitable matches from the mentors and mentees who have applied. You will be contacted early October if a suitable match is found.
Who it's for
Anybody at any level who has a concern for career progression
- Has at least 1 credits under their belt
- Thinks they know which career path they want to follow – i.e. set dec, props, graphics, etc
- Possibly faces challenges in the workplace due to ethnicity / disability / gender / age
- Is able to commit to regular meetings and follow up with their Mentor
- This programme is open to BFDG members only
How to apply
Please click the “Apply now” button on the right which will confirm you are taking part in this mentoring programme. You will need to create a ScreenSkills profile first if you have not already done so - and then return to this page to confirm your mentoring place.