BFDG Mentee 2022
Thank you for your interest in registering for the BFDG mentoring programme.
At the BFDG we strive to maintain standards and create a more diverse and inclusive workforce within the British Art Department and believe that mentoring is one way to do that. We hope this programme will lead to opportunities for underrepresented groups to develop within the industry and help to nurture developing talent as it progresses through the ranks. This links to three of our core values:
- Promoting best practices, maintaining standards and encouraging departmental excellence
- Mentoring, supporting and celebrating the individuals that work in the art department
- Welcoming and nurturing the next generation of art department professionals
The programme closes to applications on 11 August, 2022. ScreenSkills and BFDG will then look for suitable matches from the mentors and mentees who have applied. You will be contacted from 1 September if a suitable match is found.
A mentee training session will take place on Wednesday 14 September at 7pm via Zoom.
A mentoring get together session will take place on Thursday 15 December at 7pm via Zoom for all mentors and mentees and will be an opportunity to network.
Who it's for
- Junior concept artist, art department assistant, junior draughtsperson, junior set designer, graphics assistant, assistant graphic designer, set dec assistant, set dec runner, petty cash buyer, assistant production buyer
- Anybody at any level who has a concern for career progression
- Has at least one credit under their belt
- Thinks they know which career path they want to follow – i.e. set dec, props, graphics, etc
- Possibly faces challenges in the workplace due to ethnicity/disability/gender/age
- Is able to commit to regular meetings and follow up with their mentor
- This programme is open to juniors in the art department outside of and within the Guild membership
- Mid-level mentees will be expected to be Guild members