ACES Training for HETV
This two day course delivered online by NFTS is designed to give an understanding of the benefits of ACES (Academy Colour Encoding System) and the processes involved at various stages of production, specifically for those working in HETV.
Who it's for
This free online training for UK-based cinematographers, DIT’s, post production professionals and supervisors who have a basic knowledge of post-production techniques who are looking to work in the UK HETV industry.
As part of our aim to encourage diversity and inclusivity in the screen industries, we welcome UK-based applicants who define themselves as having a disability or learning difference, sole caring responsibilities, or other minority status.
What it covers
Over the two days’ areas covered include:
- The benefits of ACES
- input transforms
- output transforms
- the four key colour transforms
- colour spaces
- alternative colour managed workflows
- non-ACES colour-space cameras/formats and the conversion or processing required to incorporate them (e.g. drones and archive)
- DI pipeline and CGI/VFX integration
- setting up projects including ‘Nuke’
- exporting an EXR, taking it in to VFX and exporting back to grade
- CDLs, ALE files and onset grading
How to apply
This course is supported by the ScreenSkills High-end TV Skills Fund with contributions from UK high-end TV productions. In order to qualify for a free place you must demonstrate your commitment to working in the UK HETV sector upon application.
Click 'apply now' to submit your application.