Trainee Finder: Spotlight on the art department
Are you considering applying to ScreenSkills’ Trainee Finder programme?
Are you considering a career in the art department?
Would you like to know more about how the department operates and the work involved?
Then this is the ideal ScreenSkills webinar to help you explore what it’s like to work in the art department.
The event will take the format of a chaired panel conversation including audience Q&A.
The panel will be made up of senior professionals in the department and recent trainees to give a full picture of the department, the work of a trainee and the opportunities for progression.
By the end of the event attendees will have a good understanding of:
- What the art department does
- What the roles are within the department and what exactly they do
- What work is expected of a trainee
- What skills a trainee needs to have
- What hirers look for on a CV
This ScreenSkills Select Employability Toolkit session is chaired by Jules Waring, Talent Executive with contributions from industry professionals:
Michael Carlin, Production Designer, credits include: Enola Holmes, Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, and Academy Award-nominated, The Duchess
Annabelle Bevan, Production Buyer, TV & Film, credits include: Sex Education, Hollington Drive
Charlotte Cooke, Art Department Assistant, credits include: The Bremmer Files
Dionne Ward, Art Department Trainee, TV & Film, credits include: Sex Education
Webinar sessions will be held from Thursday 25 November to Sunday 28 November.
The sessions are:
- Thursday Nov 25, 1800hrs - Spotlight on accounts
- Saturday Nov 27, 1130hrs - Spotlight on the art department
- Saturday Nov 27, 1400hrs - Spotlight on edit
- Saturday Nov 27, 1600hrs - Spotlight on sound
- Sunday Nov 28, 0930hrs - Spotlight on locations
- Sunday Nov 28, 1130hrs - Spotlight on script supervisor
Who it's for
People interested in joining trainee finder, you must be over 18 and not in full time education. You should have less than 12 months paid experience in the film or TV industry
Name: Georgia Hewson