Trainee Finder: Spotlight on accounts
Are you considering applying to ScreenSkills’ Trainee Finder programme?
Are you considering a career in the accounts department?
Would you like to know more about how the department operates and the work involved?
Then this is the ideal ScreenSkills webinar to help you explore what it’s like to work in the accounts department.
The event will take the format of a chaired panel conversation including audience Q&A.
The panel will be made up of senior professionals in the department and recent trainees to give a full picture of the department, the work of a trainee and the opportunities for progression.
By the end of the event attendees will have a good understanding of:
- What the production accounts department does
- What the roles are within the department and what exactly they do
- What work is expected of a trainee
- What skills a trainee needs to have
- What hirers look for on a CV
This session will be chaired by Executive Producer, Ewan Vinnicombe-Wallis,
Speakers for this session include:
Lucy Drake, Financial Controller, TV & Film, credits include; Minimata, Our Girl, Silent Witness
David Blank, Financial Controller / Production Accountant, TV & Film, credits include; Lady Chatterley’s Lover, Last Night in Soho, Venom: Let There Be Carnage
Luke Hulford, ScreenSkills Accounts trainee
Webinar sessions will be held from Thursday 25 November to Sunday 28 November.
The sessions are:
- Thursday Nov 25, 1800hrs - Spotlight on accounts
- Saturday Nov 27, 1130hrs - Spotlight on the art department
- Saturday Nov 27, 1400hrs - Spotlight on edit
- Saturday Nov 27, 1600hrs - Spotlight on sound
- Sunday Nov 28, 0930hrs - Spotlight on locations
- Sunday Nov 28, 1130hrs - Spotlight on script supervisor
Who it's for
People interested in joining Trainee Finder, you must be over 18 and not in full time education. You should have less than 12 months paid experience in the film or TV industry
Name: Georgia Hewson