Best Practices for Training in the Screen Industries: Online
This will be an online course via Zoom.
This course runs over two 2 hour sessions.
The room opens at 9.45 am to start at 10am.
The purpose of our ‘train the trainer’ course is to support those involved in industry training to identify, share and develop best practice. Building on your existing practice, you’ll explore practical strategies for designing and developing engaging, interactive and inclusive training opportunities that meet participants’ needs and recognise their aspirations.
You will build upon your own skills and expertise as a trainer, or your desire to develop these skills, and will be supported to:
- Identify factors that enable and inhibit successful learning experiences in training
- Plan approaches to reduce barriers to learning
- Adapt activities and resources to engage and develop aspiring screen industry professionals
- Design opportunities for trainees to assess their progress towards training goals
- Develop online facilitation skills for using video conferencing for professional practice
The session will start at 10:00 and end at 12:00. There will be regular breaks and the room will be open from 9:45 for anyone wanting to test their connection/ chat with others before the session starts. To actively participate, you will need access to a webcam and microphone (both of which are often already built into laptops), or you can plug in a headset.
If you haven’t used zoom before, please download it to your device you will be using for the sessions in advance. You can download and use the software for free from the zoom website.
Name: Krisztina Biliczky