Alison Grade, from Mission Accomplished, gives tips on money management in the Covid-19 crisis.
Questions freelancers in the screen industries need to address to make their money go further include:
- What do I really need to live on?
- How can I reduce my costs at this time?
- How can I get my financial systems in order?
Vanessa Kent, head of marketing, and James Trowell, accountant lead, from Coconut, explain the Government support available, with Sarah Brewster from Fresh Seed.
They cover the Government's:
- Self-employed Income Support Scheme (SEISS)
- Corona Virus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS)
- Corona Virus Job Retention Scheme (furloughing)
Coconut is a financial companion for self-employed people.
Alison Grade explains the Directors Support Scheme, for film, TV and stage directors. The scheme is designed to offer short-term support to directors in acute need, has been extended in response to the Covid-19 crisis.
For further information about the Directors Support Scheme go to the Directors Charitable Foundation.
This Q&A is supported by ScreenSkills using National Lottery funds awarded by the BFI as part of the Future Film Skills programme.