USF Series Producer Programme
Series Producer Programme is a training programme for ambitious producers based in the nations and regions.
Running from February through to October 2023, the Series Producer Programme will give delegates the knowledge, skills and network to make the move from producer to series producer with confidence, and to develop the next generation of showrunners who will become the cornerstones of UK television.
SPP delegates will benefit from exclusive access to leading broadcasters and commissioners, in addition to in person and online training sessions, and guidance from an assigned industry mentor.
This is a highly competitive programme, with a total of 22 places available across the nations and regions.
Series Producer Programme is a ScreenSkills programme delivered by TRC. This initiative is supported by the ScreenSkills Unscripted TV Skills Fund which invests in training for the unscripted workforce thanks to contributions from BBC, Channel 4, Sky, A+E Networks UK, Discovery UK, Channel 5, Netflix, ITV, Amazon and UKTV matched by production companies.
Who it's for
Series Producer Programme is a training programme for experienced television professionals who want to progress from producer to series producer.
Applicants should have significant experience as a television producer/director.
Applicants must be based in the nations and regions. Those based in London or the South East are not eligible.
What it covers
As well as gaining exclusive access to leading broadcasters and commissioners, delegates will receive training on a variety of topics, including creativity, production, business, people and leadership skills through a series of:
- In person training sessions (held in Glasgow, Leeds, Bristol/Cardiff and Manchester)
- Online training sessions
- Online masterclasses/workshops/case studies from senior production and broadcast personnel
- Exceptional access to leading commissioners
- Increased industry knowledge, network and profile
Participants of the Series Producer Programme will also benefit from:
- FREE festival pass to attend either the Edinburgh International TV Festival or the Sheffield Documentary Festival
- An assigned industry mentor (an experienced and trusted advisor for six months following the programme)
The programme will be structured as follows:
- 22 February - Intro session (online)
- February/March - Theme 1: Creativity - two in-person training sessions (Glasgow, 28 February/1 March) and online workshops
- April/May - Theme 2: People management and leadership - two in-person training sessions (location tbc) and online workshops
- May/June - Theme 3: Production - in-person training session (location tbc) and online workshops
- July/Aug - Theme 4: Business - two in-person training sessions (location tbc) and online workshops
How to apply
To apply, please click the 'Apply now' button at the top right of this page. You'll be redirected to the TRC site where an application form awaits.
Alongside this application form, applicants are also required to upload their CV (Word doc or PDF) and a short written statement of support from a previous employer/referee.
The course fee is £1,250. You may be eligible for a bursary. For more information please contact the project manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Accommodation will be provided, where required, for the in-person training sessions due to take place in Glasgow, Leeds, Bristol/Cardiff and Manchester.
A travel expense bursary is available.
- January 2023 - shortlisting of applications
- 10, 12, 17 and 18 January - online interviews
- End of January - successful applicants confirmed
- February - programme begins
Please state your availability for interview in the application form.