Step-up to line producing for HETV
Applications are invited from high-end televsion professionals for this new training opportunity delivered by Grand Scheme Media. This programme is supported by the ScreenSkills High-end TV Skills Fund with contributions from UK high-end TV productions. Members of Left Bank Pictures in-house line production team, under director of production Hilary Benson, will be involved in providing key training modules for this course.
ScreenSkills is focused on delivering the next generation of talent to the sector and this course has been designed to enable experienced production staff to develop their skills and step up into the key role of line producer in HETV drama.
Ten eligible participants will also be offered paid placements on UK productions.
Who it's for
This course has been designed to enable experienced production staff -including production managers, production coordinators, first assistant directors, location managers, production accountants and script editors - to develop their skills and step up into the key role of line producer in HETV drama.
All applicants must have professional credits and be able to make themselves available for all course modules and be prepared to participate in additional, relevant ScreenSkills online training sessions.
What it covers
The modules will cover:
- Having the right tools: including Movie Magic budgeting, scheduling, health and saftety, management skills and HR basics
- Development and feasibility: including overview planners, understanding tax credits, working practices, budget and creative expectations
- Pre production: including recruiting, documentation and legal paperwork, diversity and inclusion, Covid practices, insurance
- Shoot: including working with your producer(s), forward planning, managing your budget, time management and set operations
- Wrap: including wrapping effectively and efficiently, wrap documentation, post production
Training will be hosted by experienced line producers and relevant experts.
Each module will be delivered online at 11am on the following dates:
- Tuesday 1 March
- Wednesday 2 March
- Thursday 3 March
Participants will be expected to attend live, though sessions and be recorded for reference purposes.
How to apply
Click 'apply now' to submit your application.