Mental health awareness workshop for HoDs in HETV
The challenges of filming schedules, post Covid-19 anxiety and fear, post-traumatic stress, demanding work schedules, adapting to new filming practices, social distancing will have a large impact on mental health.
This session is funded by the HETV Skills Fund with with contributions from UK high-end TV productions.
This workshop was designed by Sarah McCaffrey who has combined her experience of working in film and media and as a qualified psychotherapist (MBACP) to create Solas Mind; offering mental health advice and support to the industry.
The session will increase the awareness and understanding around mental health and will help managers to recognise the signs and offer support to people suffering from mental distress in the workplace and in the community.
Who it's for
This 1 hour session is aimed at heads of department working in HETV. It will be delivered via Zoom.
- This course will take place over the dates and times as specified.
What it covers
The workshop outline will be:
- what is mental health
- what influences mental health
- recognising the signs
- listening and supporting
- tips for creating a supportive environment
- Q and A
The workshop goals will be:
- increased knowledge and empathy in relation to mental health and wellbeing
- ability to identify the key signs and offer support
- greater confidence in dealing with mental health issues
- remove stigma and reduce discrimination
- awareness and understanding of how to support and improve mental health in the workplace
This session will take place online via Zoom. Click ‘apply for ticket’ and follow the instructions to apply for your place: you must login or register before you are able to complete your application