Business Toolkit for Freelancers
Due to overwhelming demand, Business Toolkit for Freelancers is back with new dates for summer 2020. Places on the first 3 dates will be allocated as a priority to those currently on the waiting list, who applied to attend previous sessions, but were unsuccessful in securing a spot. New applicants are welcome to apply to attend one of the later sessions.
Do you need help managing your finances during these unprecedented times? Not sure what help is available to support you through this?
This course offers a holistic approach helping you manage your concerns and fears about finance, your career and finding a work/life balance.
Business Toolkit for Freelancers workshop is here to answer your questions and give you the tools to ensure you plan for a successful career in the Film and TV industry.
This course is delivered as a partnership between thinkBIGGER! Ltd and David Thomas Media Limited and will be delivered online via Zoom
** PLEASE NOTE - in order to confirm your place on this course you will have to create an account on the ScreenSkills website **
This course will be delivered over four mornings (09.30am - 13.00pm each morning) via online platform Zoom. It will cover:
- what help is out there to support you financially
- budgeting and keeping on top of record keeping
- understanding tax and NI
- financial planning and behaving like a business
- negotiating your rate and understanding T's & C's
- maintaining your mental health and wellbeing
- creating an industry CV that sells your skills
- networking and pitching for work
Who it's for
Experienced talent who may be struggling with sole trader vs limited status; freelancers who are struggling to plan their finances, or those in the early stages of their career who want to put their best foot forward.
Due to overwhelming popularity, places on the first 3 dates will be allocated as a priority to those who applied to attend previous sessions, but were unsuccessful in securing a spot. New applicants are welcome to apply to attend one of the later sessions
- 21 – 24 July (4 half days from 9.30 to 12.30/ 1pm) NOW FULLY BOOKED
- 28 – 31 July (4 half days from 9.30 to 12.30/ 1pm) NOW FULLY BOOKED
- 11 – 14 August (4 half days from 9.30 to 12.30/ 1pm) NOW FULLY BOOKED
- 18 – 21 August (4 half days from 9.30 to 12.30/ 1pm) NOW FULLY BOOKED
- 8 – 11 September (4 half days from 9.30 to 12.30/ 1pm) NOW FULLY BOOKED
- 15 – 18th September (4 half days from 9.30 to 12.30/ 1pm) NOW FULLY BOOKED
To apply, please send an up to date CV with your preferred course date to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to funding restrictions from ScreenSkills we will be prioritising applications from people who clearly demonstrate that they currently are or have an ambition to work in High End Television (scripted) and Film.
This course is best suited to those who have already started their career in Television or Film so is not suited to students.
If you are a ScreenSkills Trainee Finder trainee you are not eligible as this training is delivered as part of your training programme.
Course free due to ScreenSkills funding
This training addresses an industry skills shortage and is subsidised by ScreenSkills as an investment in the professional development of people working in the UK screen industries.
We manage some of the best people and programmes in television including Channel 4's prestigious Production Training Scheme.View their training courses