Rachel recently directed THE SLAVE by LeRoi Jones/Amiri Baraka at the Tristan Bates Theatre and the theatrical performance of Pussy Riot at the closing evening of Banksy’s Dismaland. The Pussy Riot performance was featured in Vice, Rolling Stone, The Guardian, Sunday Times and Time. It was subsequently edited into a music video for their song, REFUGEES IN.
TOO MUCH LIGHT (Theatre 503, Rapid Write Response), CHEKHOV IN HELL (The Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts), DUTCHMAN (The Blue Elephant Theatre, Rehearsed Reading), PUSSY RIOT(Banksy’s Dismaland), ALICE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS (Questor’s Youth Company), IN QUEST OF CONSCIENCE (Finborough Theatre); GOING UNDERGROUND (Theatre 503); BUSTED! (Arcola Theatre); THE OFFER and CLOSING TIME (Etcetera Theatre), CONFUSIONS (Royal Haymarket Youth Company).
As Associate Director:
PENTECOST (Dir; Anna Ledwich, Central School of Speech and Drama) and HOW DOES A SNAKE SHED ITS SKIN (Dir; Anna Ledwich, Ovalhouse)
As Assistant Director:
DUBLIN CAROL (Dir; Abbey Wright, Donmar at Trafalgar Studios Season); ONE NIGHT IN NOVEMBER (Dir; Hamish Glen, Belgrade Theatre); MISS LILLY GETS BONED OR THE LOSS OF ALL ELEPHANT ELDERS (Dir; Lily Bevan, Finborough Theatre); DREAM OF THE DOG with Oscar nominated Janet Suzman (Dir; Katie McAleese, Finborough Theatre and subsequent transfer to the West End); THE NORTHERNERS (Dir; Tim Newns, Finborough Theatre); THE HOSTAGE (Dir; Adam Penfold, Southwark Playhouse); THROUGH THE DOOR (Dir; John Brant, Trafalgar Studios); THE ONES THAT FLUTTER (Dir; Abbey Wright, Theatre 503) and MIDSUMMER NIGHT’S DREAM (Dir; Mel Cook, The Courtyard Theatre)
Education and Training:
- Resident Assistant Director – Finborough Theatre, February – July, 2010
- Production Internship at the multi-award winning Sonia Friedman Productions – Duke of York’s Theatre, January – April 2009
- MA in Theatre Studies by Research (Pass with Merit) – University of Reading, 2008
- BA in Film and Theatre (First Class Honours) – University of Reading, 2007
- Personal Assistant to Jerry Mitchell on LEGALLY BLONDE THE MUSICAL (The Savoy Theatre, December 2011)
- Internship with Matthew Warchus for the Broadway Transfer of THE NORMAN CONQUESTS (Old Vic Theatre, February 2009)
Theatre Director - Self-Employed
Jan 2009 - Present
MA in Theatre Studies by Research - Pass with Merit - University of Reading
Sep 2007 - Sep 2008
BA in Film and Theatre - First Class Honours - University of Reading
Sep 2004 - Sep 2007
Thanks for giving us your feedback, your response has been saved. If you'd like to also leave a comment you can do so in the field below.
Thank you for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated.