I am a creative and visual storyteller, conveying compelling, imaginative worlds within Illustration and whimsical character design. I would like to find myself in a field in which I can express my ideas and bring my 2D Illustration skills to life.
I have a variety of practical creative skills, in particular within drawing, doll making and painting. I also have strong proven skills in digital design, including using Adobe Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator.
I have worked on creative professional briefs with clients such as Apple IPad, Microsoft Surface, Red Bull, Little Simz and Miss Selfridge.
I am looking to gain work experience within theatre, animation or film industries, in which I can work within a team of inspired and creative people. I would like to learn practical making and building skills: Building puppets, props, sets and minatures.
I have a particular interest in stop-motion and would like to bring my own skills that I have learnt through my own doll customisation hobby into this industry.
My creative skills that I could offer, and would like to develop further:
- Illustration; Digital (Ipad 'Procreate' & Adobe Photoshop ), Watercolour, ink and mixed media.
- Sculpture; Dremel (sanding, carving, drilling), Sculpting with clay and paper-mache, wire sculpture, textiles - needlework, painting onto fabric.
- Comic and Storyboarding; Storytelling through narrative illustration and poetry, book binding, digital character design.
- Character Design; Digital and traditional characters and caricatures.
- Book binding ; Japanese stab binding.
- Paper making ; Recycled paper using pulp, using paper in sculptural work.
- Art Doll customisation ; Carving, basic costume making, repainting, Re-root, Wig making, sculpture and miniature work.
- Animation; Adobe After Effects, Animated GIF's
- Design and layout; Adobe Indesign and Adobe Illustrator for book and magazine layout.
Please take a look at my portfolio on here, or visit my instagram page: @holly.f
Or website: www.hollyfarmer.com
Props and Paint shop assistant - Work placement - Nottingham Playhouse
Oct 2017 - Dec 2017
Retail Assistant - Green and Stone of Chelsea - Fine arts materials and antiques
Jan 2015 - Apr 2017
BA (Hons) Fashion Illustration - First Class Honours - London College of Fashion
Oct 2014 - Jul 2017
Thanks for giving us your feedback, your response has been saved. If you'd like to also leave a comment you can do so in the field below.
Thank you for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated.