I am a London-based award-winning composer, violinist, and graduate of the Royal College of Music. I did my undergraduate degree in performance and composition at Leeds College of Music, for which I achieved first-class honours, and I completed my masters degree in composition for screen at the Royal College of Music, for which I achieved distinction, and the Joseph Horovitz prize in composition for screen.
During my time at RCM, I was involved in a large number of projects. Most notably, I was chosen to compose music for a theatre production of Euripedes Bacchae, which toured the UK and Greece in a total of 13 performances, including several sell-out shows in London's Bloomsbury Theatre, several sell-out shows in Scarborough's Spa Theatre (as part of the National Student Drama Festival), a sell-out show at the Michael Cacoyannis Foundation Theatre in Athens, and headlining the Festival of Ancient Drama at the ancient city of Messene in Greece. My work on Bacchae was much praised in reviews and my soundtrack won the Sunday Times Judges' Commendation for Best Sound and Music Design at the National Student Drama Festival.
Since then, I've written music for a number of independent theatre productions, film projects, video-games as well as a good number of concert compositions. My style is wide-reaching within contemporary idioms and non-idioms, but I naturally lean towards the experimental and the bizarre, re-inventing myself for every project I work on, always trying to find new sounds and new forms.
List of Awards and Achievements
- Completion of masters degree at the world-renowned Royal College of Music with Distinction, June 2015
- Winner of the Joseph Horovitz prize 2015, June 2015
- Winner of the Sunday Times Judges' Commendation for Sound and Music Design, for the work I did on Bacchae, April 2015
- Shortlisted for the Soundtrack_Cologne European Talent Competition 2014, October 2014
- Winner of the Leeds College of Music Symphony Orchestra Composition Competition, May 2011
- Completion of Undergraduate Degree in classical music composition and performance at Leeds College of Music with first-class honours, June 2012
- Winner of the Joseph Stones Prize for Upper Strings, June 2012
- Winner of the Robert Tebb trophy for Outstanding Performance, June 2012
MComp in Composition for Screen - MComp - Royal College of Music
Sep 2012 - Jun 2015
BA in Classical Music - BA - Leeds College of Music
Sep 2009 - Jun 2012
- Live Sound
- Music Composition
- Songwriting and Arranging
- Sound Design