I am a director, writer, actor and clown. I graduated from the University of Oxford in 2015. I am currently an Associate Director with Justice In Motion.
In 2017, I will perform my debut solo clown show "Planet Earth III" at the Brighton Fringe and at the Offbeat Festival.
Hornsey Town Hall Arts Centre, London Clown Festival - 18th May
The Warren: Studio 3, Brighton Fringe - 27th - 29th May
Burton-Taylor Studio, Offbeat Festival - 28th June
I am a founding member of Hatch It Theatre. Hatch It will perform its second show, "whalebone" at the Pleasance Theatre London as part of Headfirst's Festival of Sex, Love and Death. "whalebone" will also perform at the Pleasance Courtyard at the Edinburgh Fringe 2017.
Other clowning experience includes performances at the Miller Theatre, the London Theatre, Scratch That Brixton, The Lost Cabaret, The Ritzy Cinema, Aces & Eights Saloon Bar and the House of Idiot.
Clown and physical theatre training includes work with Nola Rae, Dan Lees, Jon Davidson, Eric Davis, Phil Burgers, Amit Lahav, Kirsty Housley and David Glass.
• Co-wrote and directed "Surfing" for Channel 4's Random Acts Programme. (2016)
• I co-wrote and directed the short film "Fan's Labyrinth", screened at the Kino #85, a collaboration with a (fictional) vlogger exploring how we express grief online. (February 2016)
• I wrote and co-directed the short film "the sex lives of eels" - screened at VAULTS Festival 2017 (December 2015)
Production stills are from the following productions I have directed:
• Director of The Invisible Man (Edinburgh Fringe 2016. Photos by Rachel Rubin) "ramshackle, flying-by-seat-of-pants enthusiasm. If you get a chance during its short run, The Invisible Man deserves to be seen" (The Scotsman)
• Director/Curator of LiveFriday: Heaven and Hell (The Ashmolean Museum)
• Director of Henry V (Worcester College Gardens, 2014. Photos by Luke Howarth)
• Director of Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (Keble O’Reilly Theatre, 2014. Photos by Franglais Photography)
• Director of Spoonface Steinberg (Burton-Taylor Studio, 2013. Photos by Duncan Cornish)
• Director of 1984 (O'Reilly Theatre, 2013. Photos by Toby Mather)
I am an editor at Theatre Bubble: http://www.theatrebubble.com/author/lukerollason94gmail-com/
Associate Director - Justice in Motion
Mar 2017 - Present
LAMDA Tutor - Mance Productions
Nov 2016 - Present
Workshop Leader - Various, and S4K International
Oct 2015 - Present
Editor - Theatre Bubble
Sep 2015 - Present
Director In Residence - Bloxham School
Jan 2016 - Aug 2016
Administrative Assistant - Paines Plough Theatre Company
Mar 2015 - Apr 2015
English Language and Literature - Double First Class BA(Hons) - University of Oxford
Sep 2012 - Jul 2015
Artistic Director of 'Daughters Of Eve': The Midlands' first and only feminist theatre company.
Thanks for giving us your feedback, your response has been saved. If you'd like to also leave a comment you can do so in the field below.
Thank you for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated.