The ScreenSkills Series Producer Programme 2019
- Owner: ScreenSkills
- Location: United Kingdom
- Age: 18+
The ScreenSkills Series Producer Programme, formerly the Creative Skillset Series Producer Programme, is designed for experienced and established producers/directors with at least three years' experience at PD level across a range of programming or new series producers. You will have a strong track record in factual, features, factual entertainment, specialist factual, comedy entertainment or entertainment.
This unique and prestigious year-long programme will offer participants:
- Unrivalled training delivered by industry experts (approx 14 days)
- Inspirational masterclasses with broadcasters
- Mentoring by commissioners
- Continuous one-to-one support, career advice and coaching
- Behind-the-scenes insights at broadcasters
- Money-can’t-buy networking
- Bespoke development
- Discounted entry to selected festivals and industry events
- A potent cohort of supportive colleagues
Training is likely to cover:
- Developing, pitching and producing hit innovative cross-platform content
- Building on people skills and increasing awareness of personal style and impact
- Storytelling and scripting
- Promoting diversity in programme-making and building diverse teams
- Setting a vision and leading creative teams with confidence
- Engaging with new audiences, new technologies and new platforms
- Legal and editorial compliance
- Negotiating and influencing people
- Dealing with a crisis and handling the media
- Presentation skills
- Maximising social media and digital to promote your brand
How to apply
To apply, simply click the 'Apply' button at the top of the page. You must be logged in to a ScreenSkills account for this to show - if you don't have an account then register here, and return to this page.
Please answer the following questions before you proceed:
- Do you have at least three years' experience at producer/director level in the UK and a minimum of three PD credits? Yes/No
- Do you mainly work in one or more of the following genres: factual, features, specialist factual, factual entertainment, comedy entertainment or entertainment? Yes / No
- Are you able to attend an interview (if you are shortlisted) in London in the two weeks beginning February 4 and 11, 2019? Yes / No
- Are you/or your employer able to pay a contribution for delegates in £1,500 in London and £1,200 for delegates outside London towards the cost of this programme if selected? Or can you apply for a bursary towards this fee? Yes / No
- Are you able to start this training programme commencing in March 2019? Yes / No
- Are you able to be released for approx. 12 – 14 days training across 2019? Yes / No
- Do you have the right to work in the UK? Yes / No
This programme is designed for established producer/directors and new series producers. It will be highly competitive. If you have answered no to any of the above questions this programme is not suitable for you and please do not proceed with your application.
We encourage applications from under-represented groups particularly those from BAME (black, Asian or minority ethnic) backgrounds or those with a disability. We also particularly encourage applicants from right across the UK.
Applications will close on January 8 2019 at 12pm - midday
ScreenSkills’ Series Producer Programme 2019 is looking for candidates who are:
- Stand-out programme-makers – with a strong track record and reputation in the UK industry in factual, features, factual entertainment or entertainment and in particular those whose CVs have crossed genres. With a minimum of three years’ experience at producer/director level and a minimum of three PD credits.
- Obsessive lovers of TV – with deep knowledge and passion for the industry and their genre
- Original thinkers and innovators – you will have created or helped create ground-breaking shows which are loved by audiences and broadcasters
- Enthusiastic about digital and how it can complement and challenge traditional production
- Strong in editorial judgement – able to push the boundaries
- Proven risk takers – willing to shake up the industry
- Amazing leaders of people – with the ability to lead with confidence and manage teams who are collaborative and creative
- Committed to improving diversity in the industry and playing their part in that change
- Resilient and agile around change – with excellent decision-making skills, the ability to juggle priorities and solve problems creatively
- Strategic – understanding how the TV landscape is changing, in particular, the impact of “FAANG” especially with younger audiences
For more information about the ScreenSkills Series Producer Programme please click here to download the FAQs (PDF).
Interviews take place in February 2019. All candidates called for interview will be informed of the results by the beginning of March.