The Production Coordinator Training Programme: London 2016
- Owner: BBC Academy, ITF, Creative Skillset
- Location: London
- Age: 18+
Days leftApplications closed
Are you starting out in the TV business as a runner, assistant, PA (Personal Assistant) or PMA (Production Management Assistant) and want the best training possible? This programme is for those who want to pursue a career in Production Management in Television, but lack key skills and need industry training. Production Management offers an exciting career path in TV.
Training will cover budgeting and scheduling, rights and clearance, setting up location and foreign filming, setting up a studio shoot, health and safety, data protection, key reporting and paperwork, negotiation skills, the end-to-end process of TV - the six stages of production, basics about kit, new technology and digital, compliance and editorial policy. Securing a place on this prestigious programme will enable you to take part in training delivered by the best in the Industry – giving you the tools and knowledge necessary to forge a career as a successful Trainee Production Co-Ordinator.
There will be two blocks of training – 2 x 5 days. One block in November 2016 and one in January 2017. The training will cover all the key skills needed to become a Trainee Production Co-Ordinator. If you pass all the modules you will also gain an industry accreditation. Please note this is for the London pilot only.
Further dates and information will be released at a later date for the Bristol, Salford and Glasgow training.
For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org
Catch up on our sold out Information Event at the BBC by Listening to our Podcast available here .
Or See our information page
Training provided by the BBC Academy, ITV Studios and Creative Skillset and funded by the BBC, Channel 4 and Channel 5 through the Creative Skillset TV Skills Fund.
How to apply
IN ORDER TO APPLY YOU WILL NEED TO LOGIN/REGISTER TO HIIVE. THE APPLY BUTTON WILL THEN APPEAR BESIDE THE FOLLOW BUTTON
1. You must have some experience of TV – at least two weeks at either work experience, runner, assistant or junior work.
2. You must love TV and watch many different programmes.
3. You must want to pursue a career in Production Management (not editorial, researcher or producer director).
4. You must have proven organisational and scheduling skills.
5. You must be able to attend two blocks of training.
6. You must be able to work in the London area.
Please answer the following questions before you proceed.
1. Do you meet the criteria? Yes / No
2. Do you have the right to work in the UK? Yes / No
3. Are you able to attend the first block of training for a week from November 28, 2016 and a further week in January 2017? Yes / No
4. Can you pay the £150 fee or apply for a bursary? Yes / No
5. Are you able to attend an interview in London in October 2016? Yes / No
IF YOU HAVE ANSWERED NO TO ANY OF THE QUESTIONS PLEASE DO NOT PROCEED WITH THE APPLICATION AS YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE SUCCESSFUL AND WE DO NOT WISH TO WASTE YOUR TIME.
The training will be provided by the BBC Academy, ITF, ITV Studios and Creative Skillset and is funded by the BBC, Channel 4 and Channel 5 through the Creative Skillset TV Skills Fund. Some of these industry bodies will be represented on the judging panel.