Series Producer Programme: 2017
- Owner: ScreenSkills
- Location: UK-wide
- Age: 18
Days leftApplications closed
The programme is designed for experienced and established Producers /Directors with at least three years' experience at PD level across a range of programming or new Series Producers. You will have a strong track record in factual, features, factual entertainment, specialist factual, comedy entertainment or entertainment.
Training is likely to cover:
- Developing and producing hit innovative cross platform content
- Building on people skills and increasing awareness of personal style and impact
- Storytelling and scripting
- Promoting diversity in programme making and building diverse teams
- Setting a vision and leading creative teams with confidence
- Engaging with new audiences, new technologies and new platforms
- Understanding and exploiting international opportunities, distribution and funding
- Maximising social media and digital to promote your brand.
How to apply
Please answer the following questions before you proceed:
- Are you an established television professional with at least three broadcast credits at producer/director level across a range of programming?
- Do you mainly work in one of the following genres: factual, features, specialist factual, factual entertainment, comedy entertainment or entertainment?
- Are you able to attend an interview (if you are shortlisted) in London in the two weeks beginning January 30th 2017?
- Are you/or your employer able to pay a contribution of £1000 towards the cost of this programme if selected? Or can you apply for a bursary towards this fee?
- Are you able to commence this training programme in March 2017?
- Are you able to be released for approx. 12 – 14 days training across 2017?
- Do you have the right to work in the UK?
This programme is designed for established Producer/Directors and new Series Producers. It will be highly competitive. If you have answered no to any of the above questions this programme is not suitable for you and please do not proceed with your application.
We encourage applications from underrepresented groups particularly those from BAME (Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic) backgrounds or those with a disability. We also particularly encourage applicants from right across the UK.
Applications will close on January 9 2017 at 12pm - midday
To apply please login to Hiive if you have not already (it just takes a moment to register)
Creative Skillset’s Series Producer Programme 2017 is looking for stand out candidates who have:
- A strong track record and reputation in the industry (in factual, features, factual entertainment and entertainment)
- A deep knowledge and passion for the industry and their genre
- Created or helped create ground-breaking shows which are loved by audiences and broadcasters
- Strong editorial judgement around critical editorial policy issues
- Proven creativity and the ability to set and deliver a vision
- The ability to lead with confidence and manage teams who are collaborative and creative
- A commitment to improving diversity in the industry
- Sophisticated communication skills - verbal and written
- Excellent decision making skills, the ability to juggle priorities and problem solve.
- The ambition to advance their budgeting, scheduling and forecasting skills
- An enthusiasm for digital and how it can complement and challenge traditional production.