Production Coordinator Training Programme 2018: South-West
- Owner: Creative Skillset
- Location: South West
- Age: 18+
Days leftApplications closed
Are you starting out in the TV business as a runner, assistant, PA (Personal Assistant) or PMA (Production Management Assistant) and want the best training possible? Or have you always dreamt of working in TV but haven’t yet had the chance?
This programme is for those who want to pursue a career in Production Management in Television.
Production Management offers an exciting career path in TV. But you need key skills and industry training. Training will cover budgeting and scheduling, rights and clearance, setting up location and foreign filming, setting up a studio shoot, health and safety, data protection, key reporting and paperwork, negotiation skills, the end-to-end process of TV - the six stages of production, basics about kit, new technology and digital, compliance and editorial policy.
Securing a place on this prestigious programme will enable you to take part in training delivered by the best in the Industry – giving you the tools and knowledge necessary to forge a career as a successful Trainee Production Co-Ordinator.
There will be two weeks of training – beginning Monday 12th February 2018. The training will cover all the key skills needed to become a Trainee Production Co-Ordinator. If you pass all the modules you will also gain an industry accreditation.
Please note this is for the South West training only.
Applications will close at 12 PM midday on 8th January 2018.
Do you still have questions? Come along to our Information Event to find out more, you can book your free ticket here
13th December 2017 at 18:00 - 20:00
For further information take a look at our website creativeskillset.org/pctp or email email@example.com.
How to apply
IN ORDER TO APPLY YOU WILL NEED TO LOGIN/REGISTER TO HIIVE. THE APPLY BUTTON WILL THEN APPEAR BESIDE THE FOLLOW BUTTON.
1. You must have demonstrable skills that can transfer across to working in Production Management for example working with budgets, organising events and multi-tasking.
2. You must love TV and watch many different programmes.
3. You must want to pursue a career in Production Management (not editorial, researcher or producer director).
4. You must have proven organisational and scheduling skills.
5. You must be able to attend the training dates.
Please answer the following questions before you proceed.
1. Do you meet the criteria? Yes No
2. Do you have the right to work in the UK? Yes No
3. Are you able to attend the training? Yes No
4. Can you pay the £150 fee or apply for a bursary? Yes No
5. Are you able to attend an interview in Cardiff in January? Yes No
IF YOU HAVE ANSWERED NO TO ANY OF THE QUESTIONS PLEASE DO NOT PROCEED WITH THE APPLICATION AS YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE SUCCESSFUL AND WE DO NOT WISH TO WASTE YOUR TIME.
The training will be provided by the BBC Academy, TRC Media, ITV Studios and Creative Skillset and is funded by the BBC, Channel 4, and Channel 5 through the Creative Skillset TV Skills Fund. Some of these industry bodies will be represented on the judging panel.