Making Creativity Work 2017
- Owner: Creative Skillset
- Location: London
- Age: 19+
Days leftApplications closed
The bootcamp will focus on freelancing and starting a career in the Screen Industries.
At the end of the bootcamp individuals will have the opportunity to apply and interview for various new entry roles into the industry as well as pitch for freelancing work.
The bootcamp will focus on freelancing and starting a career in the screen industries. The training will cover the following:
- Learn about the UK’s fastest growing industries
- Understand what employers want and how to show you’ve got what it takes
- Know where to look for work and which roles might suit you best
- Learn how to become a Freelancer
- Understand what employers want and need
- Access to industry events
- Gain a recognised Production Safety Passport
- Receive the support you need to register as self-employed and apply for live jobs
- Network with other freelancers and industry professionals
- Kickstart your career at our exclusive recruitment event
Making Creativity Work is FREE but is only eligible to unemployed adults aged 19+ who are starting out in their creative careers with an ambition to work in the screen industries (TV, Film, Animation, Visual Effect or Games), including production, administrative and support roles
Please note full-time students are not eligible for this programme.
Workshops will run daily from 10.00-17.00. There will be an additional interview preparation day in June (date tbc) and attendance to our recruitment event on 28th June where you could land a job or your first freelance contract.
- 12th June - 16th June
- Kickstarter prep day (Date to be confirmed)
- Kickstarter recruitment day 28th June
This programme is supported by Bauer Media Academy through the European Social Fund and the JPMorgan Chase Foundation.
How to apply
To apply, simply click the 'Apply' button at the top of the page (you must be logged into Hiive for this to appear), and fill out the application form - don't forget to upload your video or voice recording as part of your application.
If you have any questions please feel free to post them in the comments section below or email Hello@Hiive.co.uk or call the office on 0207 713 9800, quote 'Making Creativity Work' and ask for Kay or Jude.
The Schools and Careers Team