Funding is available to subsidise the cost of employing and training individuals into higher grades, with the aim that at the end of the training the individual will be already in or able to apply for their next job at the next grade up.
Examples of potential ‘move ups’ could be a location assistant moving up to a unit manager, make-up artist to a make-up supervisor, or production secretary to production coordinator. The scheme covers all departments on a production.
High-end TV Skills Fund-contributing productions can apply for up to £15,000 per production.
We can also offer another additional £5,000 per production to support on-the-job training for individuals wishing to step up in camera, sound, art dept including props and location
- Individuals can only participate in Make a Move after being put forward by their employer
- Individuals on Make a Move are not trainees, but part of a scheme to encourage and promote professional development
- Those put forward for the scheme need to be a professional who is deemed ready to move up to their next career grade
- They can be a completely new person to the team and department or an individual that has already worked with the team on a previous production
What can Make a Move fund?
The funding is flexible and can be used to cover:
- Travel and accommodation expenses
- Attending short courses
Funding can be used to support one or more people on the production across any department.
What doesn’t Make a Move fund?
- We are unable to fund retrospective claims. Apply in good time to allow us to process the associated paperwork
- We are unable to fund individuals who are already working within the grade they are about to move up to unless there is a robust case that the ‘moving up’ will mean they are working differently
- Individuals who have previously been supported through Make a Move or a similar stepping up scheme in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland can only be put forward every two years to be moved up to their next role
How to apply
Please contact our senior high-end TV new entrant manager Nicky Ball on email@example.com, or give her a call on 07432 591 375.