Make a Move: up to £10,000 for children’s TV productions for on-the-job training
354 days to go!
Funding is available to upskill experienced professionals, with the aim that at the end of the training the individual will be already in or able to apply for a job at the next grade up.
We invite companies to propose an ambitious training project in areas needed by the UK’s children’s live-action sector to ensure growth. The skills and roles identified below are not exhaustive and we also welcome applications in which companies make a convincing evidence-based case for new skills needs. In-demand roles include:
- Production management roles
- 1st and 2nd assistant directors
- Data wrangler
- Director of photography
- Editor (especially ob-docs)
- Script supervisor
Priority skills are:
- Content creation for digital/multiplatform
- Self-shooting for online creation – especially short form
- Management and leadership
Activities supported may include but are not limited to:
- On-the-job ‘stepping up’ programmes, may include shadowing and mentoring
- Intensive training programmes
- Professional skills development of employees and freelancers
- We encourage companies to consider a portfolio of training activity which will combine to deliver a substantial leap forward in skills for their company, whether this is a ‘stepping up’ programme to progressively build your company’s skills in in-demand roles or a multi-strand training project to equip your company in the priority skills needed for your next productions.
What can Make a Move fund?
The funding is flexible and can be used to cover:
- Travel and accommodation expenses
- Attending short courses
What doesn’t Make a Move fund?
- We are unable to fund retrospective claims. Apply at least 2 weeks before the Make a Move crew member joins the team to allow us to process the associated paperwork
- We are unable to fund individuals who are already working within the grade they are about to move up to unless there is a robust case that the ‘moving up’ will mean they are working differently
- Individuals can only participate in Make a Move after being put forward by their employer.
Please contact Sarah Joyce to discuss your project before applying at: firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07966 428 615.
354 days to go!