Funding is available to upskill experienced professionals, with the aim that at the end of the training the individual will be already in or able to apply for a job at the next grade up.
We invite companies to propose an ambitious training project in areas needed by the UK’s children’s live-action sector to ensure growth. The skills and roles identified below are not exhaustive and we also welcome applications in which companies make a convincing evidence-based case for new skills needs. In-demand roles include:
- Production management roles
- 1st and 2nd assistant directors
- Data wrangler
- Director of photography
- Editor (especially ob-docs)
- Script supervisor
Priority skills are:
- Content creation for digital/multiplatform
- Self-shooting for online creation – especially short form
- Management and leadership
Activities supported may include but are not limited to:
- On-the-job ‘stepping up’ programmes, may include shadowing and mentoring
- Intensive training programmes
- Professional skills development of employees and freelancers
- We encourage companies to consider a portfolio of training activity which will combine to deliver a substantial leap forward in skills for their company, whether this is a ‘stepping up’ programme to progressively build your company’s skills in in-demand roles or a multi-strand training project to equip your company in the priority skills needed for your next productions.
How to apply
If you are looking to step someone up in a production management role, please read the Children's TV Make a Move production management guidelines [PDF]. For all other job roles please read the Children's TV Make a Move non-production guidelines [PDF]. In both cases, please refer to our Application Guide for Organisations [PDF].
You will also need to download and complete the project and budget template [Excel].
Once you have read all the documents, you can click the 'Apply now' button to begin your application. This will take you to our GrantsRequest system. If you have not applied for ScreenSkills Make a Move funding in the past, you will need to register as a new applicant - please note that this registration is not the same as your ScreenSkills account.
Please contact Sarah Joyce to discuss your project before applying at: firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07966 428 615.