Funding is available to upskill experienced professionals, with the aim that at the end of the training the individual will be already in or able to apply for a job at the next grade up.
Children’s TV Skills Fund contributors can apply for up to £10,000 per production. Productions looking to step-up someone in a production management role can apply for up to £12,500 (extra funding provided by High-End TV Skills Fund)
We invite companies to propose an ambitious training project in areas needed by the UK’s children’s live-action sector to ensure growth. The skills and roles identified below are not exhaustive and we also welcome applications in which companies make a convincing evidence-based case for new skills needs. In-demand roles include:
- Production management roles
- 1st and 2nd assistant directors
- Data wrangler
- Director of photography
- Editor (especially ob-docs)
- Script supervisor
Priority skills are:
- Content creation for digital/multiplatform
- Self-shooting for online creation – especially short form
- Management and leadership
Activities supported may include but are not limited to:
- On-the-job ‘stepping up’ programmes, may include shadowing and mentoring
- Intensive training programmes
- Professional skills development of employees and freelancers
- We encourage companies to consider a portfolio of training activity which will combine to deliver a substantial leap forward in skills for their company, whether this is a ‘stepping up’ programme to progressively build your company’s skills in in-demand roles or a multi-strand training project to equip your company in the priority skills needed for your next productions.
How to apply
Please read this document [PDF] for more details about Make a Move for production management rolse and read this document [PDF] for all other roles alongside our Application Guide for Organisations [PDF].
Please then contact Sarah Joyce to discuss your project before applying at email@example.com or on 07966 428 615.