EIFF Works in Progress (EWiP) is a showcase event for UK films, supporting them in their ambitions to reach completion, festival selection or theatrical release.
EIFF is committed to developing and enhancing the existing film industry along with supporting and promoting exciting new films and talent.
EIFF Works in Progress is a one-day event (23rd June 2019) where invited international sales agents, distributors, producers and festival programmers can get an ahead-of-the-game look at upcoming British feature films. EWiP will offer a selection of quality narrative feature projects which are in production or post-production and are seeking an international sales agent.
EWiP selects 10 projects all of which are eligible for the EWiP cash award of £2,500.
DEADLINE 1st MAY
How to apply
Projects must have met the following requirements to enter:
- the film must be in production or post-production with any potential premiere taking place after EIFF 2019
- the film must not have an international sales agent
- the film must have a strong link to the UK - subject, location, talent, funding, etc.
- the presentation on the day must include a clip from the film or a trailer (maximum of three minutes)
Please send any questions you may have to: email@example.com
How to apply:
Fill in the online form here (Google sign-in required).
You will be required to provide:
- Full production information
- Your film's connection the UK
- Full film synopsis (Max. 3000 characters)
- Director's statement (Max. 2000 characters)
- Director's biography including filmography (Max. 1500 characters)
- Secure online viewing link (this will be used for the selection process ONLY)
- Brief description of what is needed to complete the film (max. 1000 characters)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS WEDNESDAY 1ST MAY
The EIFF selection committee will announce its decision by mid-May.
If your film is selected the project presenter will receive EIFF accreditation, two nights accommodation in Edinburgh and UK return travel. The event will take place on Sunday 23rd June.
Each project will present a short pitch including a trailer or clips from the film (max. 3mins) to invited industry professionals with the aim of providing opportunities for projects to reach completion and be taken to international markets.
The £2,500 cash award will be given to the project that EIFF considers to show the most promise, originality and clarity of vision.