Bursaries for colourists: Get up to £800 towards training costs
- Owner: ScreenSkills
- Location: UK-wide
- Age: 18+
Days leftApplications closed
ScreenSkills are providing bursaries of up to £800 for DaVinci Resolve training provided by Soho Editors to allow colourists working in HETV or with the ambition to move into the HETV industry to hone their mastery of the software and to take their grading skills to the next level.
This bursary is available to those accepted on the Soho Editors' Advanced DaVinci Resolve 15 Studio Course.
You can apply if:
- You can demonstrate proven professional experience of working regularly in the UK screen industries. Dailies work is acceptable as long as it is on broadcast material and you have more than three credits. Trainee experience does not count. Work undertaken at film school or in education is also not considered suitable experience;
- You have been accepted on the training course(s) you want to attend;
- You are able to demonstrate how the training you are applying for will benefit your career to progress within the HETV industry;
You cannot apply if you:
- Are in full-time education
- Are employed on a permanent contract
- Do not have a permanent UK address
- Are applying on behalf of an organisation
The deadline for applications is 31 March 2019. However, these funds are in high demand and will close when all of the funds have been allocated, which may be before this date.
You may only apply for up to £800 of funding per financial year. The training course must start at least one day after your application is made – we cannot accept applications for training which has already begun.
How to apply
Applications for funding are currently made using the GrantsRequest system. The ‘Apply’ button on this page will take you to a GrantsRequest portal. If you have already used GrantsRequest, you can log in here – if not, please click the ‘New applicant’ link and create a GrantsRequest ID. You can then use this to apply for your bursary. This will also allow you to save your application and return to work on it later.
The first page of the application is an eligibility test. Should you be successful you will be directed to the online form. This takes you through the application step by step and should not take more than 30 minutes to complete. Before you start filling in the form, make sure you have the following information available:
- The cost any additional travel, accommodation and childcare costs
- The dates of your training
- Your CV ready to upload
- Copy of your acceptance on the Soho Editors course and confirmation of the course costs ready to upload (either a company headed letter or email from the training provider)
Once you have completed the application form and attached your supporting documents you must press the submit icon on your screen. Until you do this, your application has not been submitted to ScreenSkills to be assessed.
You will automatically be sent a receipt of application email with a tracking number. If you do not receive this, please check your junk mailbox and if it is not there contact us immediately.
It can take up to four weeks for us to reach a decision on your application. If you decide to go on your course before you receive a decision, ScreenSkills does not accept responsibility for funding your attendance. Wherever possible, please try to allow four weeks between making your application to ScreenSkills and your course starting.
Your funding will be paid directly into your personal bank account in two stages:
- Stage 1: 50% of your grant will be paid to you on receipt of your signed offer letter;
- Stage 2: 50% of your award will be paid on receipt of your proof of expenditure (copies of receipts from your childcare, travel and accommodation costs) and confirmation from the training provider that you have completed the training.
Please note that you are responsible for paying the training provider. ScreenSkills does not accept responsibility for transferring funds to training providers.
If your application is unsuccessful we will notify you by email. Please address any queries to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)20 7713 9800.