We are always looking for mentors from across the screen industry. Mentoring is a partnership where a more experienced mentor shares their knowledge and expertise with a less experienced mentee. The mentee is encouraged, challenged and supported by the mentor to learn and grow.
The ScreenSkills Mentoring Programme runs across all sectors of the screen industry and throughout the UK. It is aimed at new entrants, those who want to progress within or across the industry and those who want to return after a break.
Mentors need not be experts in their field, as someone in the early stages of their career can mentor someone wishing to enter the screen industry.
- Have relevant, current industry experience?
- Want to cultivate and develop the future workforce?
- Want to share knowledge?
- Want to give back?
- Want to improve your leadership and management skills?
- Want to extend your network?
- Want to develop your communication skills?
- Want to boost your job satisfaction?
If you are interested in being part of the mentoring scheme as a mentor, we want to hear from you! Once you are matched you will be offered guidance and support to ensure you are able to give of your best, and get the best, from mentoring. We will also ask you to sign a mentoring agreement and we will share with you the code of conduct.
Take the next step
- Give six hours over six months
- Develop as a leader and manager
- Meet in person, or remotely
- Receive support and guidance
The mentee is expected to drive the partnership by organising meetings and preparing goals and questions. This is not about the mentor giving the mentee their next job or indeed unpaid work to do. It is about the mentoring participant and their development and confidence in the workplace. At this time, interactions should take the form of remote meetings, over video call, phone call or email.
How to apply
As a mentor, you can apply at any time. To register to be a mentor, there are two simple steps:
1. Create a ScreenSkills profile. Please follow this link to do so.
2. Return to this page and click the ‘Sign-up to find a mentee’ button to complete a short form.
The application helps us find the right match for you, so the more information you can give us, the better.
There will be phased targeted intakes of mentees focusing on, for example, an under-represented group, a skills gap, stage of career etc. as identified by BFI and ScreenSkills research. Matching will be done on what you tell us when you register, and what the mentee is looking for. This project runs to March 2022.
If you have any questions, please contact: email@example.com.