Legal and business
TV copyright masterclass
Duration: 1 day
This essential practical half-day masterclass will guide you through the basics of all you need to know about artistic and literary copyright in TV production. TV Copyright Masterclass will tackle the areas of copyright which can pose a significant challenge for producers, researchers and multi-media developers. Using case studies, exercises and footage, our expert Deborah Langdon-Davies will provide participants with an up-to-date and clear understanding of how best to approach the challenging clearance process.
NB: Music Rights are covered in a separate course.
Times: 10:00 to 13:00
This course is part of ScreenSkills' Skills Passport.
- A detailed introduction to copyright (UK only)
- What types of works are protected and how they can slip into programmes unnoticed
- Explanation of revived copyright and associated issues
- Moral rights
- The process of rights clearance or commissioning
- Possible free uses of copyright works, including fair dealing
Cancellations must be in writing and must be received at least seven days prior to the course date or the full fee will be charged. ITF reserves the right to cancel courses without liability, and delegates will be offered an alternative date or full refund. ITF reserves the right to cancel courses if there are insufficient enrolments. Read more about our terms and conditions.
Back to all ITF courses