Story, Ideas & Character Masterclass
Duration: 1 day
17th March 2020 10:00 - 17:00
Story, ideas and character are crucial to the success of most programmes no matter what genre you work in. This expert-led 1-day course tackles creating a story and how to make the stories you’re telling gripping and engaging. The focus is on drama providing you with hints and tips from a master storyteller: Philip Shelley. Prepare for a dynamic day using current case studies and clips to illustrate the principles, and hands-on practical exercises needed to create characters and story.
NB: this course is an ideal follow-on to Philip’s ‘Script Editing Essentials’.
- The principles of powerful story-telling
- Tapping into universal stories
- The creation and depiction of a character
- Generating ideas, how to access and create compelling story ideas
- The disciplines of story creation
- Pitching: how to pitch effectively, looking at both verbal & written pitches
Who it's for
Ideal for any creatives working in drama, comedy, documentary or factual entertainment.
Cancellations must be in writing and must be received at least seven days prior to the course date or the full fee will be charged. ITF reserves the right to cancel courses without liability, and delegates will be offered an alternative date or full refund. ITF reserves the right to cancel courses if there are insufficient enrolments. Read more about our terms and conditions.
Back to all ITF courses