Skills Fund contributors nominated for Baftas
7th January 2020
Six productions that paid in to the ScreenSkills Film Skills Fund are in the running for honours at the Baftas.
With nine nominations, including for best film and director, 1917 is a leading contender. It is joined by Sorry We Missed You in contention for outstanding British film and will compete against Judy for a hair and make-up award. It will also go head to head with Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker in the sound and special visual effects categories.
The Bafta ceremony will take place on 2 February at the Royal Albert Hall in London.
Congratulations and a big thank you to all six productions that paid into the Film Skills Fund, which supports training in the industry:
- 1917 (best film, outstanding British film, director, original score, cinematography, production design, make-up and hair, sound and special visual effects)
- Sorry We Missed You (outstanding British film)
- Only You (outstanding debut by a British writer, director or producer)
- Wild Rose (leading actress)
- Judy (leading actress, costume design, make-up and hair)
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (original score, sound, special visual effects)
Micheal Ward (Top Boy) and Jack Lowden (Calibre, Mary Queen of Scots) are in the running for an EE rising star award. We would like to congratulate them as well.
Back to news