Seven Skills Fund contributors nominated for Oscars
23rd January 2019
Seven productions that contributed to the Film Skills Fund are in the running for honours at the 91st annual Academy Awards.
With 10 nominations in nine categories, The Favourite is a leading contender at the 2019 edition of the Oscars. It is in the running for the best picture, directing, cinematography and writing awards and will compete against Mary Poppins Returns and Mary Queen of Scots for honours in the costume design category.
Film Skills Fund contributors Avengers: Infinity War, Christopher Robin and Solo: A Star Wars Story are in contention for the best visual effects award, while Isle of Dogs is among the nominees for best animated feature film.
Winners will be announced at the ceremony which will take place on 24 February in Los Angeles.
Congratulations and a big thank you to all seven productions that paid into the Film Skills Fund, which supports training in the industry:
- The Favourite (best picture, actress in a leading role, actress in a supporting role (twice), cinematography, costume design, directing, film editing, production design, writing – original screenplay)
- Mary Poppins Returns (costume design, music –original score, music original song, production design)
- Mary Queen of Scots (costume design, make-up and hairstyling)
- Isle of Dogs (music – original score, animated feature film)
- Avengers: Infinity War (visual effects)
- Christopher Robin (visual effects)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (visual effects)
Back to news