Inside Pictures announces participants for 2018
1st May 2018
The participants selected for Inside Pictures 2018 have been announced. This prestigious business training and leadership skills development programme is open to applicants from around the world who demonstrate a firm commitment to the European film industry.
Inside Pictures is presented by world leading film school, the National Film and Television School (NFTS) and supported by the Creative Europe Media Programme as the majority funder and supported by ScreenSkills' Film Skills Fund which is backed by BFI funds from The National Lottery.
The successful participants were selected from over a hundred high-calibre applications from industry subsectors including acquisitions, development, production, sales, distribution, finance, digital, talent management, marketing, legal and business affairs. This year’s cohort is comprised of 20 participants who come from Australia, Austria, Canada, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, The Netherlands, Norway, Slovenia, USA and the United Kingdom. They are:
- Alison Meese - Head of UK Acquisitions, STUDIOCANAL, United Kingdom
- Carla Quarto di Palo - Director of International Sales, Cornerstone Films, United Kingdom
- Charlotte Mardon-Heath – Senior marketing manager – New Media, Entertainment One, United Kingdom
- Eun-Zi Kim – Business and legal affairs manager, DCM, Germany
- Gijs Kerbosch – Managing partner/producer, Halal, The Netherlands
- Janey van Ierland – CEO/talent manager, nummer19 management, The Netherlands
- Jo Allan – Storyworlds producer, The Ink Factory, United Kingdom
- John Keville – Managing Director/producer, Savage Productions, Ireland
- Jonathan Halperyn – Producer/EVP Business Development, Korda Studios, Hungary
- Jørgen Storm Rosenberg – Producer, 74 Entertainment, Norway
- Justin Kelly – Head of Business and Legal Affairs, Hanway Films & Recorded Picture Company, United Kingdom
- Kęstutis Drazdauskas – Producer, ARTBOX, Lithuania
- Kristine M. I. Knudsen – Producer, Den siste skilling AS, Norway
- Marina Brackenbury – Development producer, FilmWave, United Kingdom
- Oli Harbottle – Head of Distribution and Acquisitions, Dogwoof, United Kingdom
- Paula Devonshire – Producer, Devonshire Productions Inc., Canada
- Paula Heffernan – Head of Production, Element Pictures, Ireland
- Rajko Jazbec – Managing Partner & producer, CognitoFilms Zürich & Serienwerk Berlin, Switzerland
- Sol Bondy – Managing Partner/producer, One Two Films, Germany
- Yvette Zhuang – VP, International Sales, STX Entertainment, USA
Inside Pictures comprises of three intensive one-week modules, taking place in London and Los Angeles between June 2018 and January 2019. The programme delivers cutting edge industry business knowledge and high-level management skills, as well as enhancing participants’ profiles within the global film industry. Seminars, workshops, studio visits and events cover all aspects of international film business - from development through production, financing, worldwide distribution, marketing and exhibition and the latest digital developments.
Each Inside Pictures participant will benefit from a mentoring scheme, which matches them with one of the programme’s 250 alumni, who will support their progress throughout the course and beyond.
Inside Pictures is an extraordinary and very necessary training programme. I honestly don’t know how we would find the next generation of film producers without itAlison Owen, Industry Ambassador for Inside Pictures 2018 and producer and co-founder of Monumental Pictures
For 2018, Inside Pictures secured Alison Owen as Industry Ambassador. Owen is co-founder and producer at Monumental Pictures, where she joined from Ruby Film and Television. As Ambassador, she will champion the course and be present at key stages throughout the programme. She will welcome participants at the start of their journey, meet with them during the programme and send them on their way as they graduate at the end of the course. Owen says: "Inside Pictures is an extraordinary and very necessary training programme - I honestly don’t know how we would find the next generation of film producers without it. It galvanises and organises key players in the industry to support individuals in a way we would always want but are seldom able to do on an individual basis. I feel privileged to be an ambassador for such a wonderful scheme.”
Agnieszka Moody, director of Creative Europe Desk UK, says: "Inside Pictures is Europe’s flagship professional training programme, the envy of the world, attracting talent from around the globe and building strong leaders who will go on to shape our industry. I’m proud that Creative Europe supports this programme.”
Gareth Unwin-Ellis, Head of Film at ScreenSkills, says: "Congratulations to the talented cohort of future industry leaders selected for professional development through Inside Pictures. This combination of taught modules with mentoring from industry practitioners is extremely effective in building knowledge and industry relationships.
"We thank the high-level industry executives who offer their valuable time to share their expertise in this way. The importance of mentoring is recognised in the BFI’s new film skills strategy, Future Film Skills, and we will be working with our partners in the film industry in coming months to develop a UK-wide mentoring service, Screen Mentoring UK, that will share the good practice of schemes such as Inside Pictures more widely.”
Jon Wardle, director of the National Film and Television School (NFTS), says: "Inside Pictures, now in its 15th year,- remains the leading film business development programme in Europe. Its continued success would not be possible without the support of the progamme’s funders – and we are grateful to them for recognising the value of ongoing learning, and for giving this year’s group of talented individuals the opportunity to grow their business and contribute to the wider industry. I'm sure this group of participants will go on to achieve great things like the 14 cohorts before them!”
Julia Short, programme director of content at Inside Pictures, says: "Once again, Inside Pictures owes a great debt of gratitude to the many leaders from the European and US film industries who lend their support to the course. Without their input, knowledge and experience we would not be able to achieve the success we enjoy year after year.”
Inside Pictures receives widespread industry support and participation from many of the highest-level industry professionals in America and Europe. The programme is also grateful for the support it receives from the Film Distributors Association, Ingenious Media, Lee & Thompson LLP and Pulse Films.
Back to news