Congratulations to winners of the Royal Television Society Awards
20th March 2019
Productions and broadcasters that support ScreenSkills have won at the 2019 Royal Television Society Awards.
Various productions that support ScreenSkills’ work by paying into the High-end TV Skills Fund were recognised at the London ceremony:
- Killing Eve, Sid Gentle Films – best female actor (Jodie Comer)
- Kiri, The Forge Entertainment – best male actor (Lucian Msamati)
- Informer, Neal Street Productions - breakthrough award (Nabhaan Rizwan)
- A Very English Scandal, Blueprint Pictures – best mini-series
- Derry Girls, Hat Trick Productions – best scripted comedy
- Mum, Big Talk Productions – best female comedy performance (Lesley Manville)
ScreenSkills also manages the Television Skills Fund, which is able to invest in training for the freelance television workforce thanks to contributions from BBC, Channel 4 and Channel 5. With many productions in the running for honours - including Hollyoaks (winner of best soap and continuing drama award) - the three broadcasters were well-represented at the ceremony.
We would like to congratulate all the nominees and winners who have worked with us to support training in the industry.
Back to news