Who is most likely to be offered training in the screen industries?
Screen professionals who are employed are more likely to be offered training than freelancers (84% versus 34%).
Professionals who have reached the ‘experienced’ career stage are most likely to receive training opportunities (36%), followed by those in the ‘early’ (34%), entrant (26%) and ‘expert’ (23%) stage of their careers.
Screen industry organisations are more likely to invest in new technology training than organisations in the wider UK economy (63% versus 48%).
Why employers say they can’t invest in training
Reasons employers give for a lack of investment in training include:
- lack of financial resources (32%)
- use of freelancers (24%)
- the workforce is skilled enough (21%)
Ways employers try to develop their workforce
Employers do the following things to develop their workforce:
- allow tasks to go beyond strict job roles and then provide feedback (64%)
- encourage staff to spend time learning by watching others perform their job (59%)
- provide supervision to guide employees over time (49%)